Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend in Photos {phase 1}

We had a fantastic weekend in Houston with my sister, her hubs, and her precious 9 month old, Coop.
Ever since our little ones came along, we have made it a point to visit regularly. We try to get in one visit a month, alternating who travels. It was our turn to drive, and Camy did great on the road!

Friday afternoon we just hung out with the babies at the house. They are so darn cute together! They don't interact much at this point, but they are certainly fascinated by each other. Camy watches every move Coop makes (hopefully taking notes on this whole crawling business!), and Coop lunges for every toy Camy picks up! 

Saturday morning we tagged along for the Mommy and Me Gym Class that Coop is signed up for. 
Its at an actual gym, not a strip-mall franchise type place, and it was awesome!
The group Coop is in is for ages 6-18mos, and the kiddos make their way around the gym trying out a number of different stations. 
There was a big open mat with a few obstacles set up. The coach would help them do little baby somersaults, barrel rolls, help them jump up and down... cute cute. 
There was also a trampoline floor. Great fun for babies AND mommies and daddies! :) The kiddos had a big time just running from one end to the other (or crawling, or being carried by their grown-up bouncing along). There was a station with vertical bars, set up way down low for tiny little people. Love. Some kiddos would hang (with assistance) and swing back and forth. The smaller kiddos (like Coop and Camy) would sorta hang, and the coach would lift them up and down to play peek-a-boo over the bars. 
There was a big pit full of foam blocks - Camy's fave spot!

And there was what they called "the mountain" - a big play structure built into one corner with different climbing courses (big stairs, little stairs, rock wall, ramps), a few different slides, secret crawl-through tunnels, a bridge, and another foam pit. At this station, Camy and I slid down the smallest of the slides and she didn't care for it much, so we decided to just walk around and watch Coop explore. The coach came over and took Camy from me (nicely) and said she would go down the big slide (what I considered to be the slide of death!). As Camy was carried away from me, she locked eyes with me and looked positively scared out of her gourd. They got to the top of the slide, and Camy latched on to that coach like her life depended on it.. and I could see her eyes turn red and start to tear up. I was not okay... I wanted to run up those steps and save her (cuz ya know, she was toooootally in danger!) but I stood there.. and let her slide. And she cried the en-tire way down. Then cried harder once they were at the bottom. Poor little Camy. 
She does not like strangers. Or slides. Or strangers that take her down slides. :(
But we made our way over the the foam pit, and all was right in her world once more. 
Like a bozo, this is when I remembered I had my camera, so we don't have photos of about 90% of the class. Ooops. 
But here are a couple foam pit shots. And I know she doesn't looked thrilled in either of these, but trust me.. she loved it! 


They close out the class by playing with bubbles and singing a song.. this was Camy's first experience with bubbles and she was totally fascinated!! It was awesome to watch her eyes get real big in amazement, and watch her focus in on one of the hundreds of bubbles - following it until it landed on the ground or was popped by another kiddo. 



[Note: After tagging along to this class with V and Coop, I have made up my mind. As soon as Camy is more mobile, we are definitely signing up for a Mommy and Me class. I have looked into gyms around me and didn't have any luck finding infant/toddler classes, so I will be attending free preview classes at Gymboree and The Little Gym soon to choose one of those. :) Can. Not. Wait!!]

Later Saturday afternoon, while Coop napped, Camy was introduced to the dogs. 
They have 3 dogs, but Alex was clearly her favorite.. which was odd seeing as how Alex is easily twice the size of either of our dogs and she freaks her freak around our dogs. But she loooved Alex. 
Proof:

While playing on the couch, I finally managed to catch a shot of her tooth! LOOK! I zoomed in so you could really see it.... 
Seeeee it? YAY!

Saturday evening we decided to take advantage of the perfect weather and let Camy introduce Coop to the joys of a neighborhood park! It was his first time in the swings, and after a little apprehension, he seemed to enjoy it! 

My sister and her hubs have a running joke that Coop is allergic to the sun because anytime you open the blinds or take him outside, he makes this face:
Love it! Eyes squinted, nose crinkled... too cute.




After swinging a while, I put Camy in the same swing as Coop - not as fun as I had imagined, but neither protested. :)




We had such a great time!
I have more photos from Sunday (and another trip to the park) but they are still living on the camera.
So stay tuned for Weekend in Photos - Phase 2. 

2 comments:

  1. I super puffy heart the one of her in the swings with her arms out. Love. that. girl.

    and hooray for photo evidence of the baby chompers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a fun time at the gym! That sounds awesome. Love all your pics--she's such a sweet girl!! And yaaaay for a tooth pic!!

    ReplyDelete