Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mesh Feeder FAIL

Remember when I told ya about Camy's love for the bananas in the mesh feeder?

Well, I screwed up.
See how beautiful her face was that day?
Very little redness. No cracks. No bleeding or oozing. 
Her face was doing GREAT.

I was sure to clean her up as soon as we were done with the mesh feeder, and I thought if I put her medicated ointment on that night all would be well. 

Wrong.
This is how she woke up. 
This was actually one in a series of photos I took for another post (coming soon), but it shows the redness and irritation that returned overnight. She woke up all oozy again. And red and inflammed.
Broke my heart.

This was totally my fault. 
It should have occurred to me that rubbing slimy, slobbery, mushed up banana all over her face for 20-30 minutes would do this. But it didn't. I got caught up in the excitement of trying out a new baby gadget and didn't think it through. I have got to be more careful with Camy and her delicate little self.

We are still battling that flare up, trying to get her cheeks back in check. 
Poor girl.
Stupid Mommy. 

:(

2 comments: