Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday!


Can I make it to ten this week?
Let's see.. this will probably be a stretch...

1. We had beee-utiful weather on Saturday, so the three of us headed to a local park to play. Camy's first swing experience was awesome. She loved loved it.

2. See what I mean?!


3. The slide... she was indifferent about.


4. Sunday was not Funday around here. I lost count of how many times I wished aloud that I could have a "Mommy Do-Over Day". I just wanted to start over. Camy hardly slept the night before, her longest stretch being 37 minutes. Minutes. About midmorning she had the mother of all poop-splosions that literally took an hour to recover from (getting the soiled clothes off, getting her wiped clean enough for a good scrubbing, attempting and failing at a coshower - because I too needed a good scrubbing after that!, attempting and failing at a cobath with the duck tub, finally succeeding with just the 2 of us in the master tub, getting the soiled clothes sprayed off and into a bucket to soak in oxiclean, removing the exersaucer seat to clean, and stripping the changing table pad... ugh). At her next diaper change, she peed all over the place before I got a clean dipe on resulting in Wardrobe Change #2 for her and the changing pad. I just felt like I was stumbling through the day, and I'm sure my crazy exhaustion was to blame.

5. Speaking of her craptastic sleep Saturday night... I totally jinxed myself in the teething post when I bragged about the process not affecting her. She has been up multiple times a night every night since then. We have been spoiled by her sleeping 10-11 hrs a night for the last 3 months.. these night wakings are killing us! Last night DH had to go sleep with her in the guest room just so I could try to catch up from the night before and be able to function at work.

6. Anyone have any nighttime teething tips aside from Tylenol or Orajel? I'm not opposed to Tylenol, I just don't want to feel like I need to give it to her every night just to get some sleep. I am opposed to Orajel.

7. Part of me also wonders if this sleep disruption has anything to do with her unbelievable eczema flare up? :( We are thisclose to requesting a referral to a pedi dermatologist. Just when we think we've gotten her eczema under control, it sneaks back up on us worse than before. It breaks my heart to see her skin so broken out/chapped and I'm sure she must be miserable. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this, so what are your eczema tricks? Maybe there's something we're missing....

8. Camy is trucking right along with solid foods! She is up to 2 meals a day per the rec of our pedi, and she knows as soon as the bib comes out that she's in for a treat! We sometimes put her in the high chair to get the kitchen clean or dinner made, but its like she already knows what that bib means. She'll be all content and playing with a measuring cup or teether then see the bib and start kicking her feet and breathing fast with excitement! So cute.

9. I hope that as DH gets more comfortable with feeding solids, he'll come around to the idea of BLW. It was too much for him to grasp as we started this adventure.. but I'm still working on him! I think Camy would do great with it, and that it would make meal times so much easier and more fun!

10. I am happy (thrilled) to report that after an ugly battle with mastitis last week (you're welcome for sparing you the details), me and my milk supply have come away the victorious ones! My supply took a major nosedive for 3 days but by weekend's end I was back to my old dairy cow ways. HOORAY!

1 comment:

  1. Now that she is 6 months old (!!), definitely switch her to Motrin. And add Hyland's teething tablets to the mix. The Hyland's alone have been enough for A to get some sleep (she's working on her top two right now), but the Motrin is great for those extremely rough days.

    ReplyDelete