I was all excited that Mama M started posting her 5QF questions on Thursday nights because that meant I could participate before leaving town last week. I got all my Qs answered ahead of time and was ready to link up, then got so excited about our trip to Houston I didn't come back and add myself to the blog hop on Friday. Too late to join in now, but I'm postin' my answers anyway. ;)
1. How much time do you spend on the computer a day?
Too much. Camy nurses 4x per day, so there's about 2.5 hrs total (she's a slooooow eater!). Camy naps 3x a day, there's another 2 hrs. When I pump before work, 30ish minutes.
2. Will you pay for your children's college or raise them to pay for their own way?
We would love to be able to pay for her college, I hope we'll be able.
I also hope I am raising a sort of girl genius that will get eleventy billion dollars in scholarships so I won't have to stress so much about college tuition. No pressure, Camy.
I also hope I am raising a sort of girl genius that will get eleventy billion dollars in scholarships so I won't have to stress so much about college tuition. No pressure, Camy.
3. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Not a major one, thankfully. 3 fender benders - I rear-ended a guy in the rain when I was 17. I'm still a little bitter about that one because the guy literally slammed on his breaks in the rain (and admitted he did so because he was missing his turn) and my brakes locked up so I ran right into the back of him. There justsohappened to be a cop just a few cars behind us, so he came over to make our lives more difficult assist. The driver I hit was super nice and apologized, admitted fault, tried to calm me down.. but I still got the ticket for not maintaining a safe distance or some crap. Ugh.
The second one happened in a Walgreen's parking lot. As I was waiting for someone backing out ahead of me, a little old lady came out of the store, clearly saw my car sitting there patiently waiting, crawled into her little granny mobile, and threw it in reverse. At first I thought she was putting in it R just to be prepared... ya know, and wait for me to move... but nope. She actually started backing up. Despite my HUGE car sitting there and my honking. I couldn't move out of her way because the car pulling out in front of me and there was another car waiting behind me. She gave me some story about diabetes medication and hating this store, then refused to give me her info because she said she needed to get home. I got home, called the police to see if there was anything I could do, and when I gave a description of the car they knew just who I was talking about. Crazy, huh? So they went to her house, got her info, gave her a ticket and all was right again.
Lastly, yesterday. I backed into a dump truck. Mere minutes after paying off our car. Awesome. The stupid thing was parked just across the street from my mom's driveway, and I did see it. (How could I not?) In fact, I was on the phone with the hubs telling him that I thought I might be blocked in my mom's driveway when I hit it. I don't know what I was thinking. I mean, I was in the process of acknowledging the truck's very presence in my way. Maybe I didn't realize just how big the thing was? Or just how close my car was? Maybe I can claim mommy sleep deprivation clouding my judgement? No? 6 1/2 months is too late to pull the Mommy-can't-get-no-sleep card? Darn. I'm just an idiot, then. With a paid-off, banged up car.
Oh, and a few years ago my car was hit by a garbage truck while parked in front of my boss's house and the poor thing seriously took a beating. I wasn't in the car when it happened though, so does that still count?
The second one happened in a Walgreen's parking lot. As I was waiting for someone backing out ahead of me, a little old lady came out of the store, clearly saw my car sitting there patiently waiting, crawled into her little granny mobile, and threw it in reverse. At first I thought she was putting in it R just to be prepared... ya know, and wait for me to move... but nope. She actually started backing up. Despite my HUGE car sitting there and my honking. I couldn't move out of her way because the car pulling out in front of me and there was another car waiting behind me. She gave me some story about diabetes medication and hating this store, then refused to give me her info because she said she needed to get home. I got home, called the police to see if there was anything I could do, and when I gave a description of the car they knew just who I was talking about. Crazy, huh? So they went to her house, got her info, gave her a ticket and all was right again.
Lastly, yesterday. I backed into a dump truck. Mere minutes after paying off our car. Awesome. The stupid thing was parked just across the street from my mom's driveway, and I did see it. (How could I not?) In fact, I was on the phone with the hubs telling him that I thought I might be blocked in my mom's driveway when I hit it. I don't know what I was thinking. I mean, I was in the process of acknowledging the truck's very presence in my way. Maybe I didn't realize just how big the thing was? Or just how close my car was? Maybe I can claim mommy sleep deprivation clouding my judgement? No? 6 1/2 months is too late to pull the Mommy-can't-get-no-sleep card? Darn. I'm just an idiot, then. With a paid-off, banged up car.
Oh, and a few years ago my car was hit by a garbage truck while parked in front of my boss's house and the poor thing seriously took a beating. I wasn't in the car when it happened though, so does that still count?
4. What is your favorite book?
That's a tough question! I love Jodi Picoult - some of my faves of hers are My Sister's Keeper, Plain Truth, and The Pact. Other recent books I've enjoyed: Water for Elephants, Loving Frank, and Eat, Pray, Love.
5. Do you make your bed everyday?
Nope. I can probably count on two hands how many times I've made our bed so far this year. Should I be ashamed of that? ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment