Monday, February 15, 2010

uuuuugh. and Valentine's Day.

Guess what I just found?
Camy's Valentine's Cards. Not mailed out. Not even in envelopes.

We had photos taken at Picture People on a total whim one day and Camy ROCKED it. Got some super cute photos despite my reservations about mall photo studios. We ordered a set of photo cards for Camy to send to all her BFFs and totally forgot about them. 
How does that happen??
Would it be super tacky to mail them now?
The answer is yes.
But I don't care.
Camy and I will go on an adventure to the post office manana.
[Sidenote: How do you the squiggly above the n for manana?] 


Valentine's Day.
Andy and I never make a huge deal out of Valentine's Day, but we do usually take the opportunity to be over the top cheesy with one another via sappy love cards. Its fun for me.
This year we are celebrating on the 18th with a nice dinner out followed up by a Cirque du Soleil show (love!). I wasn't expecting any gifts on the day-of, but Andy scored MAY-JOR brownie points by getting me a video camera!!! wooooot!
I have been taking lame-o videos on my years old point and shoot camera, and they totally suck.
But now I can take videos of Miss CamyLouWho all. the. time! YAY!
We already have 14 (yes, in a span of about 24 hours) videos that I'd like to upload.. and 3 or so worth sharing. If only Windows 7 didn't sucky suck... the software that came with the camera isn't compatible with 7 so we are waiting on an update.

One of the videos is of Camy just cracking up watching her cousin Syd jumping around the room. Best. thing. ever!
The others are of Camy finger painting!!!!
That is how we celebrated Valentine's Day with Camy. We were trying to get some hand prints but she had other plans, and after a few successful hands were printed, we let her just go to town. It was cute! :)

Camy also left me a very special Valentine's message after her bath last night:
Her Daddy promises it was all her doing.

Hope you all had a Happy Heart Day with the ones that you hold dear!!

One quick question before I go...
Do you think its time to retire the bouncy seat?
Holy Mother of Pearl. I would say so!!!
[disclaimer: yes, I know there are straps that should have been buckled. I set her down for 2.4 seconds and was in arm's reach.. just needed to get myself situated before sitting down to nurse her. As soon as I set her down she started trying to roll over and scoot down. So I did what any good mother would do. Grabbed the camera. Naturally. Bye bye beloved bouncer.]


1 comment:

  1. Yay! A post!!

    If it makes you feel any better, I mailed V-day cards to the grandparents. They were returned due to insufficient postage. FAIL.

    ReplyDelete