Friday, February 12, 2010

Five Question Friday

Sorry for the blog slacking. I actually have a 10 on Tuesday I need to publish, but it needs photos first.
So for now, I'll participate in my first Blog Hop! :)

How about a Five Question Friday?!
Photobucket


1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?
Truthfully, at this point in our lives, the way he parents our sweet baby girl is irresistible. I could list any number of physical things, or his little quirks that I love.. but seeing him as an amazing daddy trumps them all. 

2. When did you know your love was "the one"?
We were introduced to each other in April of 04, started dating in May 04, and moved in together Sept 04. I was pretty sure he was a keeper by the time we moved in together, otherwise I wouldn't have made such a crazy leap! 

3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?
Nope. Everyone has the same tone. I'm boring like that.

4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?
Physically? His eyes. His crystal clear, blue-as-the-sky, eyes. Especially when he laughs. Those eyes.. they get me.

5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?
I knew a proposal was in our future because we had recently purchased our first home together and I made it perfectly clear that I wouldn't be putting my name on a mortgage with someone who didn't have plans to put a ring on my finger. I had no idea when he was doing it though and was WAY surprised. In fact, I was so clueless right up until he dropped to one knee that I almost foiled his plans a few times. :)


Okay, so let me tell the story -- 
We were in Port Aransas with his whole family for Thanksgiving (they go every year, we go every other year). After our big Turkey Day Feast, A asked me if I wanted to go for a walk on the beach with him. I unexpectedly declined telling him I thought it was inappropriate to leave his whole family to walk on the beach after dark - we could do that another time and I didn't want them wondering what we were doing. Little did I know, everyone was in on it. A's sister told me to just go and enjoy the evening, so I reluctantly went down to the beach. Once we got down there we realized it was really windy and I hadn't brought my sweater down with us. A gave me his, but I was still being a whiney baby about the wind. And the darkness (I'm a scaredy cat). We walked just a short while then started heading back.. because I was being a big baby. I could tell A wanted to stay down there, but I just wanted to get back up to the condo. He convinced me to stop at a landing halfway back up the boardwalk and just chat and look at the stars a while. I agreed. As we were sitting there, we saw the BIGGEST shooting star either of us has ever seen. It was amazing. So big in fact that I started wondering if it was something else.. a missile? A UFO? I'm a freak. We both made wishes then I asked what A wished for.. he got down on one knee and I fuh-reaked. I thought he was kidding and kept telling him to get up, "this isn't funny, A...", "you can't joke about proposals!!". He gave me his adorable, heart-warming speech and I just kept saying "Are you SERIOUS?!" "What are you DOING?!".. When he pulled the ring out of his pocket, I laughed. I laughed.  I seriously thought he picked up one of those cheapy sea-shell rings they sell by the registers at every gift shop in every beach town in the world. When he put the ring on my finger, I could tell it wasn't a sea shell ring but couldn't see it because it was so dark. So we walked --okay, I ran-- to the nearest light along the boardwalk. When I saw the ring, I just started crying. And then felt like the biggest ass. Of course, I said yes about eleventy billion times and we sat talking, crying, laughing for a bit before heading back up to the condo. We were met with a champagne toast when we got back and I couldn't believe everyone knew but me. :)
I can't wrap my mind around the fact that we have been together nearly 6 years now. In so many ways it feels like we just moved in together yesterday, but in other ways I just don't remember what my life was like without him. Or Camy. 
Those 2. The loves of my life. 


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

MckLinky Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment