Friday, February 19, 2010

Five Question Friday



My Little Life

1. Have you ever hit an animal with your vehicle?
Yes. 3. 
The first was a squirrel when I was in high school. Hardly phased me. I mean, c'mon.. squirrels are just rats with bushy tails, right? 
The second was a dog and I was totally traumatized.
It was near midnight, I was driving on a 2 lane, unlit county road out to my then-boyfriend's house, and the dog seriously came. out. of. nowhere. 
I swerved to miss it and ended up just clipping him but I immediately pulled over, already in tears before the car came to a stop.. went over to the dog, who was still alive... he was growling/grumbling and trying to get up. I could not in good faith just leave him there, so I called the then-BF to come help (he laughed and told me to just leave, ass). With no help from the ass, I called 911. Yes, I did. I called 911. 
They sent a police officer out there, and by the time he arrived, the dog managed to get to his feet but couldn't really walk, his back legs kept giving out.
The officer was very kind and could see that I was really upset.. I kept telling him to just put the dog in the back of my jeep and I would take him to an emergency vet. But he wouldn't. He advised me to leave because he needed to put the dog out of its misery.... But I wouldn't leave. 
He called in Animal Control, and the AC guys assured me that they would "do it humanely" (because I thought they were just going to shoot it and I was FUHreaking out. 
I called my mom (yes, in the middle of the night), and she came to get me because I was too upset to drive home. They waited for me to leave before taking care of the dog, and I didn't sleep a wink that night.
We went to pick my car up from the side of the road the next day, and I debated in my head going door to door in the area asking if anyone lost their dog but ultimately decided not to because I didn't want to have to admit to a pet owner that I hurt their furbaby. :( 
Ugh, I am still kicking myself in the butt for hitting that poor dog.

And the third was a cat, and I'm not even sure how or where I hit it- it felt/sounded like it jumped up and hit the under-carriage of my car.. I definitely didn't hit it with my tires. And it was totally fine.. ran off under a bush, I went and found it to check on it, no visible injuries and seemed totally okay. That was the weirdest thing! I'm still puzzled. 

2. When you see a string on your clothes do you pull it off or cut if off?
I usually just pull it off. 

3. Did you have your own room or share a room when you were young?
I shared a room with my younger sister until middle school. My older sister moved out the summer after I "graduated" 5th grade. [Ha, 5th Grade Graduation.. good times!] I moved into her room when she left for college. And man did I think I was cooler than school. My own room AND my sister's waterbed. LOL. Oh, waterbeds. Those were the good ol' days.

You know what I remember most about sharing a room? We had bunk beds in one corner of the room, and I would draw a chalk line on the carpet and tell my sister that the front end of the room (where the beds were) was hers, the back end of the room (that had the window) was MINE. And MINE ONLY. You are NOT allowed to EVER cross this line! Got it, kid? Your room {points}, myyyyyy room {points}. Ha. 

4. Would you rather wear the same thing for the rest of your life or eat the same thing for the rest of your life?
I would be perfectly content wearing jeans and a tee shirt everyday for the rest of forever. 
I could not, however, eat the same thing for the rest of my life. 
That's an easy-peasy either/or. 

5. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
OOoooh, good one.
Hmmm.. I remember watching a lot of Rugrats. Rocko's Modern Life. Doug. Clarissa Explains It All. Hey Dude. Salute Your Shorts. Blossom. Saved By The Bell. 

Your turn, play along! 
Go to http://www.fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com/ and C&P the questions, link up, and let me know if you do!


MckLinky Blog Hop

        

7 comments:

  1. Rugrats was such a cute show! I had totally forgotten about it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My younger sister and I did the same thing - until I finally convinced my parents to let me "move out" and into the attic! ;)

    Sorry about the dog experience...you did the right thing by not leaving, though. You can feel a little better about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...Waterbeds! I can't believe I forgot that I had one! Thanks for bring that memory back to me! BTW...I found your blog through Mama M...I'm your newest follower! :) Have a great weekend!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices on the TV shows, those were some of mine as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i think i am equally traumatized by your dog story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot about Hey Dude and waterbeds! I loved sleeping on my mom and dads!

    My dog story was similar...'cept we hit it dead on, thankfully, killed it immediately! Why is it so much harder when you hit a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama M - I don't know why, but it certainly is! :(

    ReplyDelete