Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday!

1. Camy finally rolled back to belly today!! All by herself. Without me getting her legs going, without me helping her situate her arms. Since her big discovery, the girl hasn't stayed on her back more than 12.6 seconds all day, she immediately flops herself over. :) She's so funny.

2. I have decided Dads are wimps. Andy took the day off today to be with me and Camy and get a few things done around the house, but he woke up "queasy" this morning, got sick once, and laid around all. day. long. Ha. Queasy. He doesn't know what queasy is.. must we review my first 20-some-odd weeks of pregnancy in all its hyperemesis glory?! Must we?

3. Tomorrow I am hosting the mommy get-together at my house for the first time. Can't wait!

4. Currently we are part-time cloth diaperers (diaperers?). She is about to be out of Pampers Swaddlers though, and so far I have hate hate hated the brands we've tried in bigger sizes. I am trying to convince Andy that now is a good time to make the jump to full-time-cloth-diaper-hood.. which was always our intention, but the convenience of disposables just kept luring us in. We need to beef up our stash just a tad to go full time, which is where the objection from A comes in. I'm working on him though... and I usually win, so I have high hopes!

5. Tonight I am going to try to sleep in our own room. Not in the guest room across from Camy. I am sad.

6. There is a big adventure waiting for Camy just over the horizon: solid foods!!! I don't think we will make it to 6 months like we planned.. but we shall see. I should be getting my Baby Led Weaning book in the mail tomorrow, and we are getting her high chair on Saturday. Once the chair is in the house, I may not be able to put it off til 6 months! ;)

7. We are also getting her convertible carseat Saturday, because we can't pass up the awesome deal we're getting with the Babies R Us Trade-In Event and a gift card we have. We won't switch her until she hits the weight/height on her infant seat, but I'm still excited about getting her big girl chair!

8. In other big girl news, we plan on ditching the paci sometime between now and 6 months. I am a-scared. She's gone from her paci being her BFF, to only taking it about 50% of the time. She doesn't usually take it at night anymore, and naps are iffy. The only time she seems to like it is in the car or when she's overwhelmed.. like at a 4 year old's McDonald's birthday party with 2 dozen screaming heathens children running about.

9. I gave my precious baby a bloody nose today. I feel like the worst mommy in America. :( She was sitting on my lap in her rocker as I was taking her shirt off for bath.. as the shirt came free from her big old noggin, her head came forward and bumped my collar bone. I gasped and waited for a reaction from her, looked at her a minute- she seemed stunned but otherwise fine so we got up and got her PJs ready then headed toward the tub. Andy saw blood on my shirt and asked what it came from - her nose. And I hadn't even noticed. :( She was fine.. I was not.

10. We have learned that mastering the art of rolling back to belly = not going to sleep like a good girl at bedtime. Awesome. C'mon Mom, rolling is way too much fun to just go to sleep in here!


Photos tomorrow. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Rolling and solids!! Such a big girl she is becoming...yay Camy!

    ReplyDelete