After 14 very long, very sad weeks, we finally replaced our laptop.
I am so excited to be able to catch up with the blog and get back to chronicling all the exciting things we encounter everyday as first-time parents. :)
I think having this gap in Camy's blog was one of the biggest things I dreaded while we were sans-home-computer. Sure, it sucked to not be able to check my email on my schedule. Yeah, my mom probably got sick of us dropping in to log a little laptop time at her house. And it did take some getting used to when we had to start keeping track of our finances and paying bills the old fashioned way. We couldn't google map directions, look up restaurant menus or movie times. I couldn't spend my downtime catching up on the mommy message boards or friends' blogs. But, truly, I hate that there are 14 weeks worth of stories and milestones and memories that I wasn't able to blog about. :( During that 14 weeks, I was never without a spiral and a pen.. writing down everything. Tracking meals and naps of course, but also jotting down quick notes about things she did or things I wanted to remember. One of these days I'll get around to blogging the important things from that couple months.. but for now, I want to just jump right in and start where we are today.
Camryn is 4 months and 3 weeks old today.
She is a beautiful, healthy, happy little girl.
She lights up when she sees her Daddy's face, and giggles when I tickle-kiss her tummy.
She is still breastfeeding like a champ, and she will proudly show you the chub to prove it.
She loves her "Hiram" lovey (Hiram will have his own post soon, full story to come), her sound machine at night, and bathtime.
She has a love-hate relationship with Sophie the Giraffe.. happily reaching for her, then angrily gnawing on her ankles. I need to get that on video. Its hilarious to see her eyes light up when we offer her Sophie, but it never takes long for her to start getting frustrated.. she will grunt and groan and squeal while she chomps on Sophie's ankles.. but then hold onto that squeaky little thing with all her might if we try to take it from her. Odd relationship they have.
She often withholds her giggles from Mommy and Daddy, but doesn't hold back at all when her cousin Sydnee dances around the room. Giggles galore!
She is sleeping through the night (9pm-6am) in her very own crib, in her very own room. Which breaks my heart a little each night because I so miss our bedsharing, cuddle-bug days.. but deep down, I'm so proud of how well she's done.
She loves to read with Mommy and will sit for quite some time in my lap just staring at all the colors on the page and looking up at me every once in a while, as if she's contemplating the story I'm telling.
She has us both wrapped around her little finger.
And she knows it.
Goodness I love that little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment