I went over to a friend's house this afternoon to watch her totally awesome boys for a few hours, and for the first time, Camy tagged along. She really seemed to enjoy having 2 big boys around to entertain her.. and entertained she most certainly was! This guy was letting out the biggest belly laughs I've heard. At practically everything they did.. even when they were doing nothing. Tommy just had to look at her and she'd giggle. [I have convinced myself that she was not flirting.. she was just being friendly. In a non-flirting kind of way.] And Jack, oh man, that little man moves fast (just ask him).. and Camy loved watching him run around. Her favorite game of all though, was when Jack figured out that if you shake Sophie fast enough, it just squeaks and squeaks and squeaks. So he would dance around, shaking the heck outta that poor giraffe, and Camy just ate it up. It was hysterical... one big boy moving and groving with a spotted
And this guy? That was my favorite part of the day... Jack referring to my sweet girl as "this guy".
It cracked me up.
First, we were singing silly songs to distract Jack from the fact that Mommy and Daddy weren't home. It wasn't "the itsy bitsy spider" anymore, it was "the itsy bitsy Jack" climbing up the water spout. Then Jack asked me to sing for Tommy, so T-Dog took his turn filling in for the spider. I asked Jack who else could climb the water spout... his answer, "Now you can sing for this guy" - pointing to Camy in the Bumbo.
LOL
I reminded him that her name was Camryn. And he repeated it back to me.. "Camryn?" Yes, Camryn.
And so we sang.
Later in the afternoon, when it was time to feed Tommy, we moved the jumperoo over into the dining room so Camy could join us. I got T-Dog into his high chair, the jumperoo moved to the next room, and then Jack asked "And this guy?". haha
Yes, this guy is coming with us.
While we all hung out there in the dining room, it was hard not to notice that Camy was totally enthralled with this whole eating thing she observed.
I mean, she's seen us eat.. but I think seeing someone more her size getting to eat off a spoon got her wheels a'spinnin'. She was chilling in the jumper just next to me and T, and every time I lifted the spoon towards Tommy's sweet chubby self, Camy would lean forward and sometimes even stick her tongue out.
Much like so:
(photo not from today, sadly I didn't have my camera!)
::back to our Urban adventure::
Though I prepared myself for Camy to refuse a nap at casa de Urban, she surprised me by sticking to her usual 30 minute afternoon siesta. Even still, something about today just tuckered her out.
She fell asleep in the car at 640, and naps that late in the day are pretty much unheard of around here.
Woke up about 20 minutes later, but was still acting super tired so we went ahead and jumped straight to our bedtime routine.
She normally loves her lotion time after bath, but today I couldn't get her greased up and dressed quickly enough - she just wasn't havin' it.
Got her dressed and went to nurse her.. she was out in 10 minutes flat. And I mean out. On a normal night, she'll fall asleep after enjoying a leisurely 30-45 minute meal, but then wake at least a little when I go to lay her down. Today? 10 minutes of eating (plus a few extra minutes of cuddling for the Mama). Not a blink, not a stir when I walked over to her crib, laid her down.. she just kept snoozing. In bed, passed out at 815.
Why can't she do that on a work night?
Urbans, thank you for a fun afternoon! And thank you for our easy-peasy bedtime!! :)
Sounds like a fun day!! And hooray for those wear-out-baby-Camy-Urban-boys!!!
ReplyDelete