And why am I running on fumes, you may be wondering?
Because I am no longer a full time stay-at-home mommy.
I am a most-of-the-time SAHMommy, and an early morning working mommy.
The family I used to nanny for asked me to come back to help with their morning shuffle, and they made me an offer I just couldn't refuse.
I just survived my first week back at "work" (I use the term very loosely)... and I am beyond exhausted.
I wasn't even this tired when we were dealing with the newborn sleep deprivation stage!
With me working early mornings, Andy rearranged his work schedule to work afternoons/evenings.. so I am home by myself every night til around 11pm -- which means the bedtime routine is all on me.
Good Times!
I have tried pushing Camy's bedtime up an hour or so to have her down around 8, but the girl seems to be set in her 9-930 ways. And once she's finally down, I just can't seem to make myself go to sleep!
Case in point: this blog entry!! I should be sleeping! What is my deal?!
In order to be at their home by 630, I have to wake up at 430am to give myself enough time to get dressed and pump a bottle for Camy.
What a way to start the day, eh?
Luckily my work day is done by 10am, and I am home in time for her second meal.. thank goodness I only have to pump once a day!
(And does anyone find it as pathetic as I do that I am totally worn out by my 3 hour work days? Yeah.. sad!)
And how do Hershey Kisses fit in the picture?
Hershey Kisses are my current weakness.
I knew I was going to be an emotional wreck the night we moved Camy to her crib (tonight is night ten - woot!).
So you know what I did while her daddy gave her a bath that evening?
I drove down to CVS for a bottle of wine and a bag of Hershey Kisses.
No kidding.
I did.
I am still nursing that back of Kisses, and I'm sure my certainly-expanding behind is thanking me.
Tonight's dinner of champions: Iced Tea and Hershey Kisses. Not kidding.
Before I go, my thoughts on part-time working motherhood:
I have loved being back with that sweet family every day. I missed those three girls dearly!
I love feeling like I am contributing to the financial well-being of my family again and taking some of that burden off of my husband.
I love that Camy gets to spend quality time with her Daddy everyday after he has spent the last 5 months working nonstop to keep us fed with a roof over our heads (and cute clothes in Camy's closet).
I love how proud he seems to be each day when I get home and he tells me what they did that morning.
So far, after 4 working days, he has taken her for 2 morning walks and staged one cute photo shoot! :)
I love that man and the father he has become.
I love that we were able to find an arrangement that allows both of us to work while keeping Camy home.
What I don't love is having to leave my house in the mornings without seeing her sweet smile.
I'm only a little bit jealous that Camy's happiest time of day (when she first wakes up) is spent with someone other than me.
I'm VERY jealous of the hubby getting to sleep in every day.
And I'm just green with envy over the Camy-Daddy snuggles between the time she starts stirring (when he brings her to bed with him) and the time she wakes up for the day.
I am so glad that I get to be the one to grab Camy tomorrow morning and bring her to bed for some extra snuggles.
I am so glad that I will get to wake up to my daughter talking and giggling and not my obnoxious alarm chiming.
I am so glad that I get to feed her in the morning rather than pump.
And even with the exhaustion and the sacrifices I am making to take this job, I am so glad for the opportunity to be with that family once more... and of course, to bring home some bacon.
No comments:
Post a Comment