This post describes the evolution of our BabyWearing Adventure!
When Camy was a teeny tiny little newborn snuggle bug,
I'd wear her in the Moby Wrap..
with her legs froggy-style and her sweet little head on my chest.
Yes, I look ridiculously ragged in this photo.
I had an 8 day old baby, mkay?
Cut me some slack!
My sweet, sweet snuggler.
Look at that tiny little noggin!
As Camy got a little bigger,
I had to start pulling her feet through the bottom.
Gone were her froggy-leg days!
I had the fleece panel pulled over her feet in this photo though.
It was chilly out!
This is me with my sister and her sweet boy, Rylan.
Both babies were passed out in the Moby!!!
Now that Camy is even bigger still,
I have had to start tying her on a bit differently.
She is really into what's going on around her these days..
Tying her on my hip allows her to really scope out her surroundings!
And its surprisingly comfortable for me as well.
"Hey Mama.. lemme see that camera!"
In addition to the Moby Wrap,
I have also developed a bit of a fascination with Mei Tai's.
Rather than spend nearly $100 on one online,
I asked my grandmother to make me one out of materials I selected.
She made this one for us when Camy was about 6 weeks old.
I couldn't really wear her in it until she was about 3 months old..
but we love it and carry it with us often when we're out and about.
As I learned more about Babywearing and Mei Tai Carriers,
I started noticing little adjustments I'd like to make to mine.
Rather than alter the one I already had,
I found an online tutorial for a Scandi Style MT and made my own today!
(with some cutting assistance from my Grandmother.. I suck at cutting!)
Here is Camy in a back carry with the new Scandi!
The differences:
One solid waist strap, padded.
Padded Shoulder Straps.
All straps are much longer, allowing for more carry options.
Hood (for when she dozes).
The decorator fabric makes up the whole body front, not just a column.
She looks totally thrilled to be taking this photo, huh?
She loves the carrier and being on my back..
she does not love the Mom-arazzi.
Our next adventure in BWing: Trying out Woven Wraps! :)
I'm so impressed!! I really need to make my own scandi MT but I'm TOO lazy! :)
ReplyDeletezomg, I LOVE it! Can you make me one??? I will happily pay for your time/efforts/materials...
ReplyDelete