I can't tell you how many times we've attempted to ditch Camy's paci.
But I have given in to her cries every. single. time.
At this point, however, I'm tired of the darn thing.
I'm tired of telling her to "take your bop out to talk!", or hearing her ask for it the minute I walk through the door in the evening, or crying for her bop within 3.4 seconds of being buckled into her carseat, bribing her to take it out of her mouth for photos... I am TIRED of it.
So, we're done.
But really.. girl should have been done with it long ago.
I don't know, I'm no expert or anything, but I kind of think that if your child is old enough to say "No Mommy, bops are for big girls, too. I need a bop now." or "Well, I can be a baby right now. Can I have my baby bop?", or "No Mommy, where did you put my bop? I neeeed it!".... she's probably a little too old to have a bop.
Maybe.
So, there will be no bop in 2012.
None.
Except for last night between the hours of 3-5am when Bean woke up with a 101* fever crying for it.
But other than that, none.
She went to sleep just fine without it last night, and if it weren't for that fever (which I think is due to her 30557568th ear infection, to be confirmed tomorrow) she would have made it the whole night.
Tonight will be night 2.
We are going to lay down right now...
If I can get her to stop roaming around searching every corner for that bop.
She has looked on the couch and under it, in the kitchen, under her princess figurine that is sitting on the coffee table, in my chair, under her bean bag... She has said "I can't find it anywhere, Mommy" followed by "No you are NOT so sorry, Mommy!" and "I can't lay down without my booooop.."
:sigh:
I can do this.
I know she can do this.
Let's do this.
Aw, poor Cam and poor momma. This is a hard one, but you both CAN do this! Life will be sweet when it's bop-free!
ReplyDelete