We have had an amazing Christmas.
Part 1 was in Houston with my Sister, Bro-IL, Nephew, Brother, and Dad.
Part 2 was with Andy's extended paternal side of the family.
Part 3 was our very own Christmas at home with Cam.
Part 4 was with my Mom, Sister, and Niece.
Part 5 was with Andy's extended maternal side of the family.
Tomorrow holds Part 6 - A's immediate family.
We have spent a lot of quality time with our loved ones.
There has been a lot of laughter, a lot of catching up.
Camy has received a lot of amazing gifts, as have Andy and I.
It's been happy and fun and magical.. I just love experiencing Christmas as a parent, making memories with my sweet daughter.
And just as with the last 2 years, I always find myself reflecting on Christmases past.
Namely, Christmas 2008.
Where right now, this time 3 years ago, we were feeling rather sorry for ourselves for what we were certain was yet another failed TTC cycle.
We were at the movies with my sisters and BIL, watching Marley & Me, probably crying.
I was half-drunk, as I had been the entire day after waking up to a drastic temp drop.
It wasn't until around 10pm, back from the movie, that our lives changed forever.
That on a whim, I took a pregnancy test fully expecting to see only one line.
I took the test, set it down, and walked away.
I returned a few minutes later to toss it in the trash, and saw the 2 lines.
I screamed for Andy, I cried, I may or may not have jumped up and down and all around.
My life forever changed in that moment.
Christmases will never be the same.
I have my precious gift, sitting on my lap right now, watching a Christmas short movie on TV.
Boxes and wrapping paper in every corner of our home, new toys strewn about... in various stages of being unpacked, a 5 foot tall Color-Me Playhouse taking up the majority of our living room rug....
These are the types of Christmases I never knew I always wanted.
Christmas celebrations from the Mommy Perspective? They're the best.
Listening to my Bean sing "Dingle Bells", watching her rearrange the ornaments on the tree and marveling at the beautiful lights.. dressing her in a big, pouffy dress with tights and sparkly shoes... hearing her exclaim "Meeeewwy Kiss-mas!" to everyone she loves.
Magical.
Simply magical.
3 years ago, we found out we were expecting our first.
2 years ago, we celebrated our first daughter's first Christmas.
1 year ago, we watched her truly experience Christmas for the first time (you know, being actually alert and not a sleepy 4 month old).
This year, we taught her about Christmas, had conversations with her about trees and lights and giving and love.. we sang songs with her, she opened her own gifts, she loved every minute.
Christmas just keeps getting better every year.
I love it.
I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.
I hope you found as much magic in the holiday as we did.
I hope you have a year full of peace and love.
Merry Christmas.
<3 Miss you, friend.
ReplyDelete