Something about having a 2 year old and a full time job, and laundry and dishes and take-home work... oy.
But here I am.
Let's get caught up.
To follow up on the allergy post I wrote forever ago, her lab results came back with a very high number for peanuts (14.4), putting her at a Level 3 allergy and at the top of the chart, greater than 95% chance of anaphylaxis. Her tree nut scores were much lower, but still considered a Level 2 allergy (out of 6 levels, where 3-6 are considered severe). We will repeat the blood test every year to see where her numbers go.
In other news, Camy is now fully daytime potty trained, but wearing a pull-up a night because this mama isn't ready for that battle quite yet. I can't even remember the last time she had an accident at school (knock on wood) and the accidents at home are becoming fewer and farther between. Yay!
She is sleeping in her room by herself now, finally. It took a little nudge from our therapist (oh yeah.. therapy, more on that in a minute).. but we finally bit the bullet, cut the cord, whatever you want to call it. Andy and I both lay down with her for bedtime, then when she's asleep, we leave the room. The first couple weeks, she woke up in the middle of the night and either called for us over the monitor or just walked to our room.. but more recently, she's been doing really well about staying in her room/bed til morning. Our next goal, of course, is to get her to actually go to sleep on her own. But that transition will be a much harder one... for her AND for me. We'll get there eventually.
Girl is talking up a storm and her imagination has really developed over the last month or two. It is so fun and just amazing to watch her play now. I love to see and hear the things she comes up with, and most of the time, she has me (or anyone around her) belly-laughing from the crazy things she says.
Her asthma had been doing really well for a long time, but with the colder air that's blown in, it's been a bit harder to manage. I am really worried going into cold & flu season this year, because anytime she catches anything, her breathing gets all cuckoo. Like this week, where a simple cold basically knocked her on her butt.. had her waking at all hours of the night, coughing and wheezing and needing neb treatments. :sigh: My poor girl.
We took her in to see her pedi Friday morning just to make sure this cold wasn't something more, and unfortunately, while we were there, her dr picked up a heart murmur. It is most likely a "functional" heart murmur, meaning essentially harmless.. but we were referred to a pediatric cardiologist to follow up. We have that appt Wednesday morning.
Even though I know she will be fine and that its probably nothing, I had a bit of a breakdown on our way home from the doctor. I mean, this poor girl... she has been seeing specialists nearly her entire life. Dermatologist for the terrible skin problems she had in infancy, allergist for her food allergies, and now a cardiologist for her heart. She's seen the inside of ER exam rooms more times than I count, had 3 chest xrays in her short 2 years, skin tests, blood tests, breathing treatments... we have to carry a med-pouch with us everywhere we go with benadryl, epi-pens, an oximeter, and an inhaler. I mean, really?!
I am so so so thankful that she is as healthy as she is.. Lord knows things could be much much worse, but my heart still breaks for her and all she's had to go through. I'm ready for to have a break. I wish we could go a year, or heck, even six months without a specialist appointment for her.
And the last little update.. Andy and I are in marriage counseling. About 2 months ago we hit a breaking point where we both realized that we have been far too disconnected for far too long. We don't want Camy to grow up with parents who basically live as roommates, we want to set a good example for her on what a loving relationship looks like. We want her to grow up in a happy home. So we started therapy and its been wonderful, albeit difficult at times. Things have improved dramatically over the last couple months, and I am so glad we both agreed to take that step for our family.
So, there ya have it. All caught up.. at least on the big stuff.
Now, I will (once again) vow to do better about blogging. I need to.. there are so many things happening with Cam that I want to remember forever. Little things like funny stories she tells, big things like potty training and independent sleeping.. and everything in between. I need to do better about blogging, for myself. So... I will. Even if its just a quick weekly recap.
Before I go, what's a post without a pic or five?
Last night before bed, Cam spent a few minutes marveling at the Christmas tree, all lit up in the dark.
I happened to still have the camera out from earlier in the day, and thank goodness it was handy, or I would have missed this shot:
She said she needed to hug her "kiss-mas twee" good night, and she did.. while telling the "twee" that she looooved it. {favorite. picture. ever.}
She was examining ornaments...
Just taking it all in.
Rehanging one that she felt should be moved...
And, oh, those chubby little fingers.
I die.
Experiencing the holidays with a child is a magical. And it just gets better every year.





No comments:
Post a Comment