Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finally Sitting Still.

This week absolutely knocked me on my butt.
Chewed me up, and spit me out.
It was terrible from start to finish, but I made it out alive.
And you know how?
This girl.
And her "You're my best friend"s and her "I. Love. YOU!!!"s and her "Just snuggle with me, Mommy."s. 

After all the crazy this week had in store, Cam and I just chilled all day today.
We sat around in our PJs, watched movies, put puzzles together.. just relaxed, her and I.
And it was wonderful.

Camy's Nana and Papa took us out for dinner (hooray for not having to cook or clean kitchens!) then we drove around to find fun Christmas light displays.
We stopped at the city tree, all lit up from the ground up... and Cam loved it. 
Sadly, we didn't have our real camera with us on account of the spontaneity, so this pic is a bit blurry..

But I kinda love it. 
Camy had such a ball running around that tree, and climbing in that sleigh.
I think we might take her back tomorrow with the camera in tow to see what kind of magic we can capture on film card. 

7 days until Christmas.... 
Are you ready?

5 more gifts to buy for us, then we're done.
And I cannot wait for Christmas morning this year... seeing Cam's excitement, hearing her (now verbal) reactions to the gifts under the tree, watching family love and dote on her as much as we do everyday. I seriously can. not. wait!

-----------------

Oh, Oh.... andplusalso.... Camy's heart is totally fine. She does have a 1mm hole between the 2 ventricles (called Ventricular Septal Defect), but it is totally functional and should close on its own by her 4th birthday. We'll follow up with the cardiologist then, repeating the 2 tests that were performed, just to be sure.

First they did an EKG that went a little something like this:
And then an echocardiogram, that went like this:

We were there for nearly 3 hours, start to finish, and Cam rocked it out. 
I, of course, was beyond relieved that we have nothing to worry about! I am so so happy we got in as soon as we did, and got the all-clear! Whew!!!

------------
Now, its off to bed with my little Cam-A-Lam.
G'night.






No comments:

Post a Comment