Monday, September 12, 2011

Under The Sea

Finally, a party post.

This summer Camy was all about the splash park, so when a totally awesome new one opened up close to us, we jumped on reserving a pavilion for her birthday.
We got the pavilion for the whole day, but opted for a mid-morning through lunch party in hopes of wearing all the littles out and sending them all home for super naps.
Worked for us... Bean was sacked out before we were done loading the car in the parking lot. No lie.

Our theme for the party was, obviously, "Under the Sea". 
I ran with it when it came to menu planning and we had some {Octopus} Hotdogs..
Some Sunbutter & Jelly{Fish} Sandwiches..
Some {Sea}Shells and Cheese..

We also had some goldfish, and fruit and veggies with an octopus-cut pepper chilling in the ranch.

Unfortunately, we also had a bunch of bees lingering around, so we kept the food covered as much as possible - which made a cutesy little table-scape photo impossible. Blah.

And another "unfortunately": Texas heat killed our awesome cupcakes. My little sister stayed up late the night before to make some fish-themed mini cupcakes for us. They started out all cute-like:
the one and only photo of them pre-party, phone pic

But by the time we were ready to set them out on the table, they looked like a sad, tie-dyed mess:

I was so disappointed. 
But it didn't stop anyone from gobbling them up. 
Especially not Cam - I think she ended up with one cupcake pop, 1 regular cupcake, and 2 minis. 
But it was her party, so I let her chow down on crap if she wanted to.


Oh, the cupcake pops. 
I found these holders online and fell in love, ordered 2 sets, and had a ball putting them all together. 

Figuring out how to display them posed a bit of a problem, but a gift-wrapped plastic basket did the trick. 

The pops were definitely a crowd-pleaser. :)

 
Cousin Sydnee, with her pop

And Cousin Ty

My girl takes her cake seriously, guys. 
For serious.


A great time was had by all. I was so happy to see {almost} all of our friends and loved gathered in honor of my sweet, sweet girl. And my big 2 year old made out like a bandit. She came home with some seriously awesome gifts! Lucky little lady, she is.. to be surrounded by so much love. 

Before I wrap this up.. I have to say that beyond the great party, the icing on the {birthday} cake for me was spending a little time with my nanny girls. I miss them so much!



Happy 2nd Birthday, my little CamyLove.
                 
on her birthday, rocking the pigtails and learning how to show "2" fingers!



1 comment:

  1. oh man, i seriously love her!! those last two pictures are the freaking cutest! what a great location idea for a party! we've been doing ours at my in-laws but i refuse to do another one there again so a park with a splash pad would be a great alternative!! happy happy happy birthday camy!!

    ReplyDelete