I have seen a few blogs with some take on the "12 Goals for 2012" idea, so naturally, I decided to jump on board with this we won't call them resolutions even though that's essentially what they are trend.
Here's my 12 in 2012.
1. Set a wonderful example for Camy about what a loving family looks like.
I am sad and embarrassed to admit that I have failed at that over the course of the last year. A and I had some definite rough patches and hit an all-time low in October. We are in marriage counseling now and I think it is (slowly) working wonders for us. I need to make a very concerted effort to always be an example for my daughter. I want her to look at her Daddy and Me and see a couple that not only loves each other (because of course, we do), but that respects each other. Has fun with each other. Compliments each other. Makes each other happy every day. I want her to grow up and want a marriage just like her Mommy and Daddy's, to learn what to expect from a marriage, not what to avoid.
She needs that example. She deserves that example.
I did not have that example, and I do NOT want the same for my girl.
So, if I achieve nothing on this list but #1, I will be okay. We will all be okay.
2. Build My Business
On Christmas Eve, I registered as an Independent Scentsy Consultant. I LOVE love love the products, and after reading up a bit on the company, I thought it made perfect sense that I sign on to sell them. I mean, getting paid to talk about something I love? Plan parties? Have insider info on new products? Meet people I never would have otherwise? Earn free product? What's not to like about all that?! I am super excited about what's in store for me/my family with this adventure, and I just know 2012 holds good things for us on this front.
3. Study for and obtain my CDA.
This certification will serve me well in the childcare field (where I have been the last decade and won't be leaving any time soon, or ever). My employer has presented me with an opportunity to work towards this goal, so I need to just decide if that's the route for me and jump on it.
4. Go room by room, purging and organizing.
I do NOT want to be a feature on any future Hoarders shows, so I have got to get our clutter under control. Of the 6 drawers on my dresser, only 3 are used for clothing. Of the 2 drawers on my nightstand, I could only name maybe 15% of the contents. I couldn't tell ya what's in those boxes on the top shelf of our closet. And do I really need to hold onto the hundreds of dollars worth of crafting/scrapbooking supplies that I have not touched since I got pregnant over 3 years ago? And do not even get me started on our inefficient filing system... I am so lost when it comes to paper clutter. I need help. We have got to get this place under control.
5. Workout/train for a 5K obstacle race.
I had SUCH a ball doing the Warrior Dash in November, but there was no way I was in good enough shape to run the whole thing start to finish. That is my goal for the year. I want to return to the Warrior Dash course and crush my last time. I want the only time I am not running to be the time spent scaling the obstacles. I have plenty of time to train, I just need to get off my butt and do it.
{Did I ever post about the Warrior Dash? No? I should... soon...}
6. Sort through all our photos on both laptops, organizing them into folders and backing up on discs or external drives.
You would think after losing precious photo memory not once, but twice, I'd be better about backing our stuff up. But I'm not. At this point in Cam's life, I would be devastated to lose our photos, so now's the time to get on that archiving.
7. After sorting photos, print 1 book for each year of Camy's life.
I have always said I would print either blog-to-books (which won't happen now on account of my sucktastic blogging commitment), or yearly photo books. So once the photos are all sorted out, it shouldn't be too hard to go month to month and pick a few faves for her yearly books. It would also be kind of awesome if I could train myself to archive at the end of each month, and before doing so, pick the faves from that month to be included in that year's book. Ha. Lofty goal, self. Lofty goal.
8. Create a photo wall in the living room.
A and I have talked about this idea so many times, but we never get around to actually doing anything. {Shocking, eh?} The only thing we've ever really agreed on is that our living room needs more color. Our most recent convo was about collecting all sorts of different frames of different sizes, spray painting them all the same shade or red, then using those on our photo wall in some artsy-fartsy cute arrangement. Again, doable, just need to DO it.
9. Start a family cookbook.
A loves to "wing it" when he's cooking dinner, and most of the time, does pretty well. We need to do better about keeping track of recipes we like, recipes he "invents", recipes we want to try. Our meal plans are in such a rut because we are terrible about keeping track of the successes and failures. Even if it were a simple binder with 3-4 sections.. oh, how easy meal planning would be with some kind of resource for our tried-and-true's. Along with this cookbook goal, we need to make the weekly meal plans part of our routine. It saves on our grocery bill when we shop with a purpose, saves on our lunches-out bill when we make full meals that typically yield leftovers, and we all eat better with a plan.
10. Take part in something charitable this year, be it big or small.
I think volunteering my time for something that warms my heart would be life-changing. Soup kitchen, or meals on wheels. A children's charity or a home-building one. Volunteering for the St. Baldrick's Event or maybe Komen... I really feel like I should be contributing more. And 2012 is the year for me to start...
11. Wow, I really can't think of an eleventh goal for the year right now...
12. Or a twelfth. {obv}
What are some of your goals/resolutions for the year?
Inspire me.
{And definitely hold me accountable here!}
Happy 2012, all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment