Bean fell asleep for the third night in a row without a bop in her mouth.
Three nights is pretty awesome progress, if you ask me.
And please take note, if you will, that is before 9pm.
And she is asleep.
That pretty much doesn't happen anymore, ever.
Sadly, Benadryl is probably to thank for that tonight.. but even still, I feel pretty darn good about her being in her bed at this hour.
This afternoon / tonight was pretty crazypants for her.
A picked her up from school to take her to the pedi for an ear check. I would have bet money that she had an infection in (at least) her right ear, what with her fever spike over the weekend and her constant complaining about that ear the last 2 days. But thankfully I'm brokey-broke and did not lay any wagers, 'cause... her ears looked "pretty good". {Which, for a child who suffers from allergies (ie, constant congestion), "pretty good" is usually as good as it gets.} The NP speculated that we just picked up some little viral thing and she should be good to go after a couple days. We came home and ate dinner, and she was coughing a little more than normal. {darn viral thing} But then when I was changing her into her PJs, I noticed a crazy rash all over the insides of her thighs, down to the area behind her knees, and just under her belly button but above where her panties hit. It is such an odd area to be rashy. I expect the behind the knees business with her eczema. And a rash within the borders of her panties wouldn't be all that shocking, but basically outlining where her panties would sit is weird, no? {What could that be... any ideas?} I slathered her in moisturizer and rx cream then we sat down for her nightly neb. We watched a little Shaun the Sheep while doing her "breathing", then got ready to walk to her bed. As soon as I set her down to walk into her room, she lost it, and with her first cry we heard the whooping/wheezing/nasty asthma sound. Ugh. We haven't had to do any rescue treatments in a while, and I HATE having to do them. But we can't put her to bed breathing like that, so we sat back down for her rescue treatment, and she fell asleep in my lap before it was over.
My poor girl.
My hopes for the night are: no asthma issues, no fever, and no bop.
::fingers crossed::
Hooray for successful no-bop-ing!
ReplyDeleteNot that you're not washing her clothes or anything, but could there be residual pee or even residual detergent in her panties that she's reacting to? Maybe give her panties a stripping (ala cloth diapers) and see if that does the trick?