There isn't much to update that differs from our 4 week post.. not a whole lot changed in those 3 days.
But I will note that for the last 24 hours Camy has kept me on my toes.
Gone are the days of (semi) predictability.
She was doing so well about eating fairly regularly, and like a champ!
She was doing so well about napping during the day but still falling back to sleep pretty quickly after nighttime feeds.
The last 24 hours?
Not so much.
It still hasn't been terribly difficult.. so I shouldn't complain, but it hasn't been as easy.
That's for sure.
For starters, Camy decided at 930 last night that sleep is for the weak.
She stayed awake the entire time between that feeding and the next (which I bumped up by an hour in an effort to get her to sleep!).
She wasn't screaming or super fussy (thank goodness), just awake, and wanting to be held.
Snuggling with her in bed did not work.. and that's usually a sure-fire way to knock her out.
Swaddling, Shushing, and Giving the Paci in the Cosleeper (our Plan B when Snuggling fails), failed.
Bringing the swing into our room (she naps great in the swing when the sun is up!) - Fail.
Trying the 5 S's (all put together, not our cheater's version tried in Plan B) - Fail.
Finally I decided that even though she wasn't giving hunger cues, I would try to nurse her to sleep - and she did fall asleep after just 7 minutes... but as soon as I went to lay her down in our bed, she woke right back up again.
It had been nearly 3 hours at this point, and I was exhausted. I was fighting to keep my eyes open and had run out of ideas to try to get her to sleep... so I turned to my FB friends and was told to take her outside. I needed to pump since she only ate for 7 minutes and wasn't showing any interest in eating more... so my plan was to pump for a few minutes then take her outside. I put Andy on baby duty at that point, and went to do my thing... and lo and behold, she fell asleep. As soon as Mommy was out of the room, she gave in and let herself enter dreamland. Really, Camy? What's that all about?
I was grateful for the chance to lay down and close my eyes though, and I was so exhausted by that point that I decided to keep the pumped milk in a bottle in our room for her next feeding rather than freeze it. Bottle feedings are much quicker, and I did not want to spend more time awake nursing than I needed to.
I fully expected her to wake up very soon after that, since she only ate for 7 minutes, but she shocked me by sleeping soundly until 330am! Thank you Camy, for giving Mommy some solid sleep. I knew you loved me!
Then today, her eating has been all over the place. Abbreviated feedings, frequent feedings.. totally unpredictable! I hope she regulates herself again by tomorrow, we have a big day planned.. our first solo outing to a Newborn Get Together with some Mommy/Baby friends! :)
Other than the craziness of the last day, Camy has been doing very well.
Her unofficial 1 month weigh in: 10lbs 12oz.
I say "unofficial" because it wasn't on the doctor's fancy scale (though we do have a baby scale borrowed from a friend), and because she had on a diaper and a onesie.
But still - 10lbs 12oz!!! That is up 2 lbs 9oz from birth. Way to go, Camy Lou!!!!
Here are her One Month Photos:
Loooove the little piggys!
I love her little half-smirk in this one...
Photo Shoots are exhausting...
Love those cheeks!
Aaaand we're done here!
We just adore our sweet girl.
Our big, one month old, sweet girl!!
I can't believe she's already so old...and so big! Love the photo shoot (and way to go, Camy, for keeping your mom on her toes...can't let her get too comfy, now, can you?). :-)
ReplyDelete