Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can you believe my sweet girl is 6 weeks old today?
I can't.
And I really can't believe how much she has grown and changed already!

She's a smiler now!
Its the best feeling in the world to see her look up at me and give me a big old grin!
The biggest smiles I've been given so far were during her bath yesterday.
I wish I could have videotaped it.. it was so cute! But I was home alone and of course didn't have the camera with me. Ugh.
Maybe next time.

Camy has had a very eventful couple weeks!
We have started getting out of the house more, and so far we have made it to 2 newborn get-togethers, a surprise birthday party for a friend, to Katie's house to visit with Baby Annabelle, and gone on a few shopping excursions.
Our NB get-togethers were fun.. we have a great group of mommies and babies that tries to all get together at someone's house once a week and its so nice to be in the company of mommies who are going through (or recently been through) the same things we're facing. Its fun to see the babies all together, and what we have to look forward to developmentally. At the first one, Camy stayed awake almost the whole time (which really surprised me) and seemed to really enjoy taking in the scenery and excitement. At the second one, she barely opened her eyes at all! We'll see what tomorrow's GTG has in store. :)

We also made it over to her great-grandma's house last weekend to keep her company while she sewed us a Mei Tai baby carrier. She seemed to really enjoy visiting with her G-Gma.. she stayed wide awake and happy as can be!

We both LOVE the way the carrier turned out. Its much easier to put on than the Moby Wrap (though we love the Moby as well!), and Camy doesn't get as hot in this one. Thanks, G-Gma!!


At home, Camy has continued to keep us on our toes.
She is still eating pretty well, though we have had several feedings in this last couple days that have been challenging. We're working on that.
Nighttime has been more of the same, waking every 2 1/2 - 3 hours, until last night anyway! We had a very rough time getting Camy to settle for the evening, but once we got her to sleep she slept soundly for almost 6 hrs!!! SIX hours. I suppose that was in honor of her 6 week birthday? I fed her when she woke up, and she went right back to sleep for another 4 1/2. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
I feel like a new woman today after all that uninterrupted sleep!! :)
Thanks, Camy Lou!

Want to hear something cute?
Camy's cousin, Sydnee (20 months old), has been calling Camy "Ry Ry" from day one because the only other baby she's known is Cousin Rylan, so she just assumed they were one in the same. Well last weekend we finally convinced her that Camy is NOT Rylan, but instead of calling her Camy, she's started calling her "Lou Lou". Why? Because we often call Camy "Camy Lou Who" based on the face she makes that looks like Little Cindy Lou Who... Syd heard us calling her that and tried repeating it, so I ran with it and asked if Syd could say "Lou Who". Well, nope, not really.. but she can say "Lou Lou". :) I think its adorable. We'll see how adorable Camy finds it if/when she's still called "Lou Lou" years from now!
I'm not totally convinced Syd understands that there are 2 babies in the family now, and I can't wait for the day she sees Camy and Rylan side-by-side! Hope we can make that happen soon, I am missing Rylan like crazy!

And just to add a little more cute to this post:
Check out my chubby girl, snoozing in bed last night.
And her video debut:

No comments:

Post a Comment