::disclaimer, I started this post and didn't have a chance to finish it.. so consider this Catch-Up Post Part 1!::
I am pretty sad that we have 10+ weeks of baby Camryn's life that weren't detailed on here for safekeeping, but luckily I am OCD about lists and charts, so her feeding log (that yes, I do still keep) has important milestones, achievements, activities listed. This is going to be a loooong post, probably boring to anyone but me, so feel free to disregard. I would just like to record all these events for myself, so bear with me.
So, picking up where the blog left off, here is a quick timeline of events starting October 7.
October 10 - We attended The 2nd Annual Monster Bash hosted by friends of ours, and we had a blast. We got to get Camy all suited up in her Halloween attire, visit with friends and oogle over the cuteness that is a house full of babies/toddlers in costume! Best of all, the party raised $3800 for The MD Anderson Cancer Center in honor of Jon Urban. How amazing!
October 12 - Camy suddenly decides that 'tummy time' isn't so bad after all and totally rocked it holding her head up solid and steady for a few minutes, looking around her Nona's room and checking everything out.
Yes, I was that excited about a great tummy time that I recorded it on her log. I'm not ashamed.
October 14 - We had a fun playdate at our friend K's house with her baby, Alina, our other K friend and her baby, Annabelle. It was so much fun, and so helpful!, to be pregnant with these ladies, and we all delivered within about 2 1/2 weeks of each other.. so now we have the joy of watching them grow together! I loved having all 3 girls together in one place, and we got lots of cute pictures - but I'll have to add photos later since they are all locked away on the ext. hd until we get a new computer.
October 16 - We took Camy up to our church pumpkin patch and attempted to get some cute photos of her amongst the gourds, but it was pretty much a big fail. Photos to come later.
October 18 - Because we didn't learn our lesson at the first pumpkin patch, we decided to load her up and drive an hour to Sweet Berry Farm in Marble Falls to go to that pumpkin patch with my mom, sister, niece and the family I used to work for. My mom, sister, and niece stayed a short while before giving up and going home (because the lines were horrendous and my niece was losing patience), but we stayed a little longer and walked around with Camy and the Murrays taking her picture in all sorts of crazy places, including cut-outs made for adults.. which looked rather funny with her tiny little self. :)
Wed, October 21, 8 weeks old - Until about this time, "witching hour" would strike every once in a while, not every night. Around 7pm, Camy would start acting tired and fighting sleep - just crying and crying. Around 8 weeks, though, "witching hour" hit full force. Every Night. 7 pm. Screaming. Inconsolable. Heartbreaking. Sometimes running water would calm her, sometimes walking outside would calm her, sometimes just "sssshhhhh"ing and rocking would calm her, sometimes putting her in the Moby would calm her. sometimes nothing would calm her. We started paying close attention to sleep cues and trying to figure out how to get ahead of the "witching", and around 9 weeks old we implemented a new bedtime routine that MUST begin BY 7pm in order to work: bath, boob, rock to sleep. Prior to this, we would usually bathe her daily, but not always before bed. But we learned that bath time seems to put her in her happy place, so during "witching hour" seemed like a good time. After bath, she would get her lotion massage and PJ's, then no matter when her last feeding was (even if it was only an hour earlier), I would nurse her then rock her to sleep. For the most part, this worked like a charm.. but of course we all have off-days, and Camy did too from time to time.
Mon, October 26 - 2 MONTHS OLD! - Camy had her 2 mo. well check bright and early that morning, where she weighed in at a whopping 13 pounds, 6 oz and was 23" long (2 months, 2 inches taller from birth!). Her pedi wasn't able to pick up her heart murmur any longer (HOOOOORAY!), and she had 6 immunizations (5 shots, 1 oral). We had strongly considered doing an alternate vaccine schedule, and I still sometimes question our decision, but after a lot of discussion amongst ourselves, with our pedi, and with trusted loved ones, we decided to stick to the state recommendations. Camy was a little sensitive the rest of that day, wanted lots of close cuddling with Mommy and sleeping more than usual - but she had no adverse reactions to the shots. Whew.
***At this age, Camy was going down for the night around 8, sleeping til the 4 o'clock hour most nights, then eating and going right back to sleep until 7-8am. Good girl! ***
Sat, October 31, Camy's 1st Halloween! - Camy spent the morning with her Nona while I attended a CPR class, and then that evening we had a pumpkin carving adventure at Nona's house with the family. With our pumpkin, we carved a traditional face into one side, and then on the back we etched out "1st" to take some keepsake photos with Baby Girl. I think the pumpkin and the photos turned out great! For Halloween this year, we had a hard time finding an infant costume that a) wasn't a bunting style, because Camy hates the swaddle, and b) wasn't made of super thick, super hot and sweaty fleece that would make Camy all sweaty and miserable. So after perusing many websites and searching several stores, we gave up on a real costume. Instead, I made her an orange and white tutu, and we bought a onesie that said "Daddy's Little Pumpkin" and a hat that looked like the top of a pumpkin. So she wore that little ensemble (as evidenced in the Monster Bash slideshow linked above), and looked suuuper cute, if I do say so myself.
November 1 - Evil Daylight Savings, and her Nana's (Andy's mom) 60th Birthday Party. Big day in Camy's world. The time change really kicked our butts in the morning when Camy decided to wake up based on her internal clock, rather than the actual clock. She missed the memo on the "fall back" business and was raring to go at 6am. Joy. That afternoon we loaded up and headed out to the big birthday party, which was also sort of a debut for Camy. There were many people there from church who hadn't met her yet (because we haven't taken her in the midst of flu season), and many aunts/uncles/cousins who wanted to fawn all over her. She did pretty well with all the commotion and attention, only needing to walk away to decompress a time or two. That evening, however, was a "witching hour" for the record books. She decided 5pm was a good time to start the scream fest, and none of our usual tactics were helping. After a good 3 hour battle, poor thing finally calmed down and let herself fall asleep. Oy.
November 2 - First time it seemed like Camy was intentionally batting at the elephant toy on her playmat, rather than just aimlessly flailing around and hitting it accidentally.
November 3 - Ugh. What a day. Camy and I both woke up with colds, super congested. I am hoping she didn't feel the way I felt though, because I had a terrible headache and just felt very blah all day long. This was also the day our water heater decided to die a slow, leaking, terrible death... in the middle of the night.. without giving us any warning. We woke up to flooding in our garage (that leaked through the shared wall of our master bedroom) and when Andy went to turn off the water going to it, the knob broke right off in his hand (very old machine) and water then started spraying full-force all over him and everything within a 5 foot radius. Awe. Some. So we had to shut water off to our whole house for the day, while Andy worked on getting us a new one and replacing the old one. So, on a day that Camy and I both felt like crap, we got to pack up all our essentials and spend the day at Nona's.
November 6 - For the first time in a looong time, Camy spent part of the night sleeping in her cosleeper rather than in our bed. This was also the day Camy took her first trip to the grocery store, and the first time I had been grocery shopping since late in my pregnancy. Big day in the O'House.
November 8 - Camy's first official Starbucks visit. She was no stranger to the drive through, but this time we had a coffee date with our friends Stephanie and Katie, and baby Annabelle.. and Camy seemed to love the place as much as her Mama does! :) She's my girl. And the best news of that day.. drumroll.. Camy went to bed in her cosleeper that night and slept well enough when we laid her down that Andy and I were able to stay up after her bedtime. We walked back into the living room and sat down just kind of unaware of what to do... it was the first time we were both awake later than her, and she wasn't in the room with us. I had a moment of "What did we ever do or talk about before Camy was around?" and we both got a good chuckle over how much our life has changed. Its hard to remember what it was like before her....
November 11, 11 weeks - How cool is that? 11/11, 11 weeks old! :) I'm a dork. I know. Camy and I attended our first Babywearer's Meeting that morning, where we weighed her to find that was a gigantor 14.82 pounds!! We tried on lots of different carriers and wraps, but ultimately decided we need to stick with the Moby a little longer, til she's a little bigger and can straddle my waist a little easier (for Mei Tai's and such). We started our Christmas shopping that afternoon, and Camy was very helpful in deciding what we should get who.. she had a super chatty afternoon!
November 12 - We spent the afternoon in Steiner Ranch at the "Cupcakes for Coats" coat drive that was held by our dear friends Tricia and Cyndi and their adorable kiddos. I worked as a nanny in that neighborhood for 7 years, and have made many friends along the way that I just adore. It was so wonderful being back there, with MY baby this time, and getting to catch up with everyone. They were able to donate more than 130 coats!!! One of the hostesses put together a wonderful montage of photos here: http://cupcakesforcoats.shutterfly.com/
The big event must have worn Camy out, because that night she slept a solid 9 hours and 20 minutes! Hallelujah... what a night!
November 15 - Silly "event" to note, but it seemed like Camy really came alive in the bath on this night. She has always enjoyed her baths, but more in a zen-baby, "chillaxin" kind of way.. but this is when she started to splash around and smile and play. Fun times! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment