Saturday, September 25, 2010

Exhaustion and Floor Beds.

Last night was roooough.
This mama met up with some lady friends for drinks and got home around 1230am. I ended my night at a reasonable hour to get in a good rest before waking up early to support a friend at the local PurpleStride walk.
For some crazy unknown reason, my sweet little super sleeper decided to wake up at 1am.
Not awesome.
I laid down with her in her room and cuddled her for a little bit and around 130am she decided she was not happy about being awake at such an ungodly hour.. and the crying began.
After about 30 minutes or so I was starting to go a little cuckoo and called Andy in for assistance.
He laid down with her for a little bit but was also unsuccessful in getting her to settle back to sleep so he went to make her a bottle of milk. At 215am. This girl has not had a night feeding in MONTHS. Many months.
She sucked the bottle dry then continued crying.
FINALLY, around 3am, she went back to sleep.
That was, oh, about 21 hours of no sleep for me.
Holy heck. I was exhausted by the time I was able to go to bed!
Fortunately (and unfortunately), Camy slept in this morning.
Why is that unfortunate? We missed our PurpleStride walk. :(

Then, after being up less than 2 hours, I followed her into her room and watched as she crawled onto her bed to find her pacifier, grabbed her Hiram, cuddled up on her pillow and went to sleep. Totally on her own. Without me carrying her into her room. Without her music. Without me cuddling her a few minutes. She just walked into her room, gathered her loveys, laid down and passed out.
Exhausted much, Cam?

But for some crazy unknown reason, I can't sleep.
I feel physically exhausted.
I know I could use the extra rest.
But I laid down next to her to take a nap with her, and couldn't fall asleep.
Maybe its because I am in shock over her putting herself down for a nap!

I love the floor bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment