Wednesday, September 22, 2010

10onTues: Better late than never.

Edited.
{New Number 1.} I suck at Ten on Tuesday. I got through 4/10 before getting distracted and I never came back to finish and post. Today is Wednesday. But I'm going to finish what I started.. so here goes....

2. Right this very minute, Andy is trying to get Cam down for the night. I have heard no less than 4 deep sighs from Andy.. I'm sure because Cam would rather be playing peek-a-boo with the covers than laying down. I have heard at least 3 loud thumps.. I'm sure Cam kicking the wall, because if they were head bumps they would have been followed by baby tears and Daddy calls.
Its kind of amusing for me to be sitting out here, making mental note of what song is playing on the lullaby CD (songs that are usually heard after baby eyes are closed!) and knowing that Andy is most likely wanting to call for my assistance but not wanting to admit defeat. Again. Not that he can't hack it.. cuz he totally can. He is a wonderful Daddy to our sweet girl, she adores him, and they get along just fine without me when I'm not here. But "when I'm not here" is definitely the operative part of that sentence. When I am here, Cam wants me for bedtime. Plain and simple. And I kinda like it that way. :)

3. She is back in her room, back on her floor bed. HOORAY.
4. And she has still gone without Benadryl since Thursday! Dude, that is awe. some.

5. On the work front, things are changing but not quite as drastically as we once thought. I interviewed for a teaching job at a wonderful new preschool in the area, I was offered the job on the spot, and after much consideration and lots-o-number crunching... I declined the job. Turns out my current family isn't quite ready to say g'bye again, so they offered to start letting me pick up extra hours whenever I need them (read: allthetime). That's wonderful for two very obvious reasons - I'll be making more than I was (and much more than the school offered me) and I'll still get to be home with Camy for the bulk of the day! Yay! Starting next week (I believe), Cam and I will be spending the first part of our evenings with the girls. We will head out to pick them up around 430, all motor on to their house, fix dinner and wait for their mama to stroll in from work around 6. Cam and I will then head home for bath-baby bottle-bed-mama bottle. It will take a little time to rework our evening routines to accommodate the new schedule, but I'm confident it will all go well. :)

6. By the time I finished typing #5, I decided to go in and assist with bedtime. Cam was out in about 20 minutes with me. Neener, neener. I came strutting out of her room humming a little "I've got the magic in me...".

7. Monday morning we spent a couple hours with our friends Kristen, Tabatha, and Jenny and their sweet littles at the Austin Children's Museum for the Baby Bloomers program. We had a wonderful time exploring and playing, and Tabatha caught a few cute photos!
Cam & Audrey getting ready to slide


Cam playing with the magnetic letter tracer things (that's the technical name!).


8. These 2 are worthy of their own number because they. are. awesome.
The museum has an area set up like a restaurant where the kiddos can pretend to cook and serve play food. I helped Cam put one of the aprons on (and promptly melted from the cute!) and then she spent the next few minutes chowing down on a t-bone steak! We kept trying to get a photo of her with this big ol' thing in her mouth, but she wasn't having it. I still think this photo is hilarious. She's definitely her Daddy's daughter this week- Cowboys jersey and T-bone steak.

And this one just cuz I love her.


9. Goober loves to riffle through her closet and drag everything out into her room. On any given day you can walk into her room and see her diaper bags strewn about, the box of diapers overturned, the basket of washcloths tipped over.. she loves it. The other day, however, instead of carelessly tossing her bags all over the place, she chose one to carry around all day. She would slowly put it over her head (instead of her shoulder) and kick it around as she cruised through the house. It was pretty funny to watch her stumble over it but refuse to let me adjust it for her. Silly.
And yeah, she's sans-pants. That's how we she rolls at home. 

10. We are now a month out from her birthday, and I am feeling very overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we have acquired. Toys everywhere. Far more than one toddler needs at any one time! Do you have a certain amount of toys/activities/books you keep available to your child at one time or is it all out, always? How do you have your toys organized or play area set up? We have got to get this stuff under control and I'm undecided on how to approach this adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment