::I wrote this Monday, don't know why I didn't post it?::
More photos coming very soon, but here are a couple teasers...
We made it to this side of the Birthday Bonanza.
My little angel turned ONE. YEAR. OLD. on Thursday.
How can that even be so?
It's been one year since I first saw her sweet face.
Since I first kissed her oh-so-chubby cheeks.
Since I first held her tiny hand.
One year of love. And joy. And laughter. And hope.
And worry. And doubt. And fear. And tears.
Of milestones. And memories. And prayer. And dreams.
Of family. And friends. And bonds. And sharing.
Its been a remarkable year.
I have been in childcare for 8 years.
I have formed some incredible bonds with some incredible kiddos.
I have cried at their first birthdays and kindergarten graduations.
I have kissed their boo-boo's and taught them their shapes.
After 8 years of intimate care within the homes of these families, I still was grossly unprepared for what motherhood would bring.
I had no idea how much I could love.
I had no idea how much my daughter's smile would brighten every day.
How her tears would break my heart.
How much fun was waiting with each new day.
I had no idea what the true meaning of "exhaustion" was, or that I would be able to function in such a state.
I had no concept of a true feeling of panic.
And then an overwhelming feeling of relief.
My daughter has taught me so much in this last year.
She has changed me in every way.
She is the light of my life.
My sweet little love.
My baby turned one on Thursday.
:sigh:
We celebrated. In a big way.
Andy took the day off to spend her birthday together as a family, and we had a great time.
We had a cake smash trial run {that she totally rocked, by the way!} and basically just hung out, the three of us, soaking in every minute of her special day. There were many "This time last year..." conversations. There were many tears from mama. And there was lots of walking. Walking! Not just 10 steps from one parent to the other.. standing up all on her own and taking off, walking. On her birthday. I think she was holding out on us all along. She could do it, she was just making us wait it out. She has been a walkin' fool ever since! When she gets really excited, she drops to her hands and feet (not knees, she's a bear-crawler), but most of the time - she's walking!!
Friday was a little hectic as we prepared for the big Birthday Bash the following day, but we were excited to welcome Aunt Vicky, Uncle Kevin, and Cousin Coop to town! Camy loves being around her older cousins! And the three of them are just too stinkin' cute together!
Saturday started off stressful as I left Cam at home with Daddy to get ready for the party (held at the in-laws) but ended with a bang! We had 60 of our nearest and dearest with us to celebrate Camy's big O-N-E and we had a wonderful time! Amazingly, my little love held up the whole time without any major meltdowns! She showed off her new walker-status, she flirted with everyone who looked her way, she rocked the pink tutu, tore into her smash cake (getting cake in every roll and crevice possible, including her ears. Her ears!), she splashed outside, and was just lovin' life as a one year old.
And that little one-year-old made out like a bandit! That girl got more awesome gifts than we know what to do with! Seriously. I had to go buy 3 new fabric bins today just to have places to put it all away!! And she's totally diggin' all the new loot!
That night, she crashed out as soon as I laid her down in bed, and she has spent today recovering from the festivities as well - 2 awesome naps and to bed an hour and a half earlier than normal! Birthday Weekend wore that wee one out!
Oh god, you just totally made me cry! Happy birthday Camy!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy, happy birthday, sweet Camy Lou! I've enjoyed every second of watching you grow up this year. What a sweet girl you are!! I hope you realize one day how much your mom (and dad!) love you. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday (for the millionth time), Camy! It's been an awesome year....can't wait for many, many, many more!!!
ReplyDeletehappy happy birthday! how did i miss these posts!?! so happy you had a great day on her actual birthday and a fabulous party! so excited to see the rest of the pictures. the one of her with her cake is just too cute.
ReplyDelete