This week has been exhausting. With a capital EX!
Monday thru Wednesday were the definition of chaos.
Andy was working out of town those 3 days which meant the Camy Bean got to come to work with me.
Which meant she had to wake up at 5am (as opposed to her usual 8am).
Which meant she was a Cranky Bean all day, every day.
Bringing her to work also meant I had 4 girls under the age of 7 to care for each morning.
Which meant I needed a lot of caffeine.
We were quite the sight, the 5 of us.
Getting the gang into the car was a circus!
The expedition had 3 convertible seats anchored in side-by-side in the middle row {the twins by the doors and Camy rear-facing in the middle}, and a booster seat in the third row.
In case you ever find yourself shuffling 4 children under 7 around town, let me give you the rundown on how best to go about it. If you aren't already, you may want to sit down. And take a deep breath.
First, you have to be sure the 3 year olds go potty before leaving the house, even if they say they don't need to. If you don't, you will get out of the driveway and almost to the end of the street before one of them exclaims that she neeeeeeds to go potty. While they are taking turns using the bathroom, you may want to make sure the 7 month old has a dry diaper. Be sure all 3 older girls have shoes and jackets and snacks in their backpacks. Double check the diaper bag for a binkie {and a backup, for good measure}, then get out the door before the 3 year olds decide there is some pressing issue in the playroom they MUST tend to right away. Once outside, toss all 3 backpacks and the diaper bag in the front seat and order the twin 3 year olds to stay out of the street while you buckle in the baby. I mean it, stay. out. of. the. street. Climb in the back passenger side to lift the baby over one of the convertible seats and buckle her in. Look over your shoulder no less than 43 times and order the twins to get out of the street! at least twice.
Climb back down and let one of the twins climb into her chair while you walk around to open the back driver side door and ask the other twin to climb in as well. Oh wait, other twin has walked around to the side of the house to find her hula hoop? Remind her it is not time to hula hoop, it is time to go to school. Help her climb in & buckle up then go open the trunk door for the 7 year old to climb into the 3rd row seat {yes, via the back of the truck}. Walk back around to the passenger side and buckle in the first twin who stayed out of the street, climbed in when you asked her to, and sat down to patiently wait for you to buckle her in {she's so good!}. Lastly, be sure the 7 year old has buckled herself. Which she is perfectly capable of doing, but won't do until you ask her to 269,736 times.
Whew. All 4 girls are loaded up. Nobody is crying {yet}, but don't be alarmed if you still find yourself contemplating how long it would take somebody to notice that you've runaway to Mexico.
I kid, I kid.
I love my job. But on days when I have all 4 girls, it is truly truly exhausting.
Birth control at its best, I tell ya. ;)
After the craziness that was M-W, I had to work both morning and evening yesterday.
Today, though, was business as usual. TG.
Camy got to sleep in, I got to drive to work with two hands {ie, not holding hers to help her stop crying!}. I only had the three older girls to care for and get off to school, and I was able to rock out on the way home to unwind.
TG.
I am so looking forward to a night for myself this evening (THE FIRST SINCE CAMY WAS BORN! YES THIS WARRANTS ALL CAPS!). I am so looking forward to sleeping in with Camy tomorrow. I am so looking forward to the weekend.
And I am so looking forward to Five Question Friday.

1. What words do you use on your blog/online that you don't use in real life?
Hmmm. Good question. I wish I could say I don't use all the acronyms in real life, but I sometimes catch myself wanting to say "DD" instead of "Camryn", or "DH" instead of "Andy". I do say "WTF?!" at least once a day. And I have to stop myself from saying "LOL" in normal conversation.
Oh, but I can say that I have never said "Squee!" or "Woot!" in real life.
:)
2. Do you still write checks?
Only to mail off what few bills we don't pay online. Or if I owe someone money. I never have cash on me, ever, so if I can't pay with my card I have no choice but to write a check.
3. Who was your favorite President and why?
I don't think I have a favorite President.
I am hoping that by the end of his term, I can say Obama is my favorite.. but only time will tell on that one. He's got a long way to go before I can say that about him though. A long way, dude.
{Is it bad that one of the biggest reasons I want to be able to say that is simply to laugh in the face of a few certain people? A few certain people who tried to talk me out of voting. A few certain people who crack obnoxious jokes in my presence about the president and my POV. UGH!}
4. Are you a yeller?
OMG XYZ, Y-E-S.
I should really work on that.
Don't worry though, I have all the patience in the world with kiddos under about 12 and I'm not one to yell at friends or strangers. Even if I wanted to, I just don't.
I pretty much just yell at the dogs. Or inanimate objects. Or my husband {I know, I'm terrible}.
5. Have you ever dumpster dived?
No, no I have not.
Ooookay, folks. You're turn.
Head on over to Mama M's blog, check out her Q's & A's for the day, and play along!
Happy Friday!!
Ha! SOunds like you have your hands full. Non-sleeping baby = Non-fun, non-happy, extremely cranky mommy! In from 5QF. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete