I am so exhausted today.
I feel worse today after a long mostly-sleepless night than I used to feel waking up multiple time a night with a newborn.
Camy went to sleep at 830 last night without so much as a whimper.
She then woke up crying at 930, but was easily pacified.
Crying again at 1030, this time I just brought her to bed with me. Andy was still at work and I was totally in the mood for some Camy cuddles. Plus, its just easier that way. ;)
Midnight, crying... not so easily pacified.
230am, crying... not so easily pacified.
3am, wide awake. Giggling, talking, poking my eyes out.
Up til 4 when she finally went back to sleep.
My alarm goes off at 430, so I bet you can guess how easy it was for me to calmly drift back into dreamland and not worry about falling asleep and missing my alarm. Ha.
Sooo.. I've been up since 3.
I got home from work at 11ish am to learn that Camy had been napping since 10.
WHAT?! She takes a long nap (ie, longer than her usual 30 minutes) on a day that I have to work late? On a day that I can't nap with her? On a day that I've been up since her 3am party? Seriously?!
The girl napped for a freaking hour and a half.
I'm so jealous.
I'm running on less than 4 hours of broken sleep.
Blah.
And to whine a little more today, we had to miss the Easter Egg Hunt with all our friends.
::pout::
But, to bring a little fun to our sleepy day: Five Question Friday! Thanks, Mama M!

1. Do you sing out loud in the car when you're driving?
Abso-freakin-lutely. All the time! Without shame.
When Camy's not with me I totally rock out with the radio up, belting out the lyrics I know and fumbling through the ones I don't. What else does one do in the car?
2. What would you never be caught doing?
Hmmm... only because this has been the topic of conversation with my husband and sister the last couple days: camping.
I don't camp.
I don't do outdoors unless 'outdoors' = a park with my baby girl. And even then I don't make a day of being outside. I don't like to sweat. I don't like bugs. I don't like public bathrooms. Or not having a real bathroom. I don't like being "off the grid". I don't like sleeping away from my comfy bed unless I'll be in another comfy bed in a nice hotel or a loved one's guest room.
I need air conditioning, flushing toilets, ovens and yummy food, a Starbucks just up the block... I don't camp.
3. Will you go #2 in a public restroom?
Not if I can help it! I have been known to abandon my shopping cart or proclaim to the hubby that "we need to get home now!". I don't like to use a public restroom for "#1", unless it is an emergent situation, I certainly would not do the "#2".
Ick ick ick.
4. Have you ever broken a bone?
Only the three little toes on my left foot.
Does that count? There was no cast/boot involved, though there were crutches for a couple days.
5. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
Cooking for sure! I am not very good at baking, not even with premade cookie dough. Baking from scratch? Oh boy, scary thought!
I love to cook though. I enjoy the whole process - searching for new recipes, shopping for fun, new ingredients, chopping veggies, tasting the food as it cooks, the house smelling yummy. I wish I had the time and motivation to cook more often. [I mean really cook. Not pasta. Not frozen pizza. Not microwave pot pie.]
These days unless I cook in the middle of the day, Camy's routine does not lend itself to whipping up a real dinner. And I am never in the right frame of mind to cook in the middle of the day. Stouffer's meals have been my BFF. Sad.

No comments:
Post a Comment