1. Oak pollen can kiss my butt. And Camy's. Poor girl has been a sniffly, sneezy, eye-itchy little mess the last couple days. The only thing we can guess is allergies and oak pollen because that is really the only thing that's changed. You'd never know by looking at her during the day that anything is wrong, but at night.. whoa baby. Nighttime is no fun. The girl loves her bink at bedtime. Needs her bink at bedtime. But what's a girl to do when she can't breathe through her nose? Well, wake up every 37.4 minutes of course. ::sigh:: Last night was a loooong night.
2. I had every intention of posting an Easter recap on Sunday evening or Monday but never did get around to it. So I'll just share a few photos here and sum it up by saying that Camy had a wonderful weekend full of fun and love and family and new experiences. Egg hunts. Church (where she made it through her first FULL service without me having to bow out the side door part-way through!). Bluebonnets. Wonderful memories were made.
3. We got our 6 month photos back from the phenomenal photog and are now faced with the great challenge of deciding what to print and what to blow up huge and what to display where. Is it bad that I want to just clear the walls of all current decor and essentially wallpaper the house with photos of my sweet, smiling, little love? Cuz I do. But the hubs won't let me. Meanie. So now I am brainstorming and visualizing and trying to create some sort of gallery concept in my mind that I can manifest onto my walls. Do I go mono-themed with photos.. all color, all b&w, a mix? Varied sizes? Arranged in a perfectly aligned grid-like format or hung with a bit of whimsy? Do you have a photo gallery wall in your home? Care to share any inspiration?
4. Motherhood is turning me into a hippy.
We've been cloth-diapering since the beginning, but have recently added a clothesline to our routine.
::love::
(And we are in talks to plant a vegetable garden out back. Stay tuned for that!) 5. Until the vegetable garden is planted and yielding yummy goodies, we plan on hitting up the new farmers' market that has come to our area! We loaded Camy up and checked it out on its debut weekend and had a great time. Got some yummy bread, some yummy strawberry+honey jam, some sausage, and some soup. We had just purchased our week's worth of produce a couple days prior, so we skipped the veggie booth, but I am eager to bring home some fresh, local produce this weekend! :)
6. We really wanted to use a baby-led weaning approach to solid foods with Camy, but had to take a more cautious approach due to her skin sensitivities. She has been doing really well lately, so a few days ago we decided to share some of our steamed broccoli with her, BLW style. We just putr a couple pieces that she'd be able to handle herself on her tray and let her go for it. She just played with them at first, but did manage to pick a handful up and take a taste. She seemed to like it at first, but quickly changed her mind. She must not have hated it too much though, because she kept going back for more. She would excitedly reach for a stalk to nibble, get it to her mouth, ponder this new taste and texture a moment, then grimace as if we'd just fed her motor oil or something equally as horrendous.
7. After hanging some dipes on the clothesline last week, we spent a little while in the backyard with the dogs. Andy put Camy up on his shoulder with his cap on her head and I about died from the cuteness! I ran inside to grab the camera and started snapping some photos of a girl with her daddy.
These 2. The loves of my life.
When I zoomed in on the CamyGirl...
Andy got a little lens-envy and wanted to be in the shot. Goober.
8. While we were out there, Camy was reintroduced to her doggies. The first couple times we introduced her to the beasts, the beasts couldn't care less about her. Sniff sniff, and off they went. This time they were all into her! The white one, Maya, was very gentle and calm with her.. softly nudging her leg, licking her hands. The brown one, Maddy, is wild. Or dumb. Or both. I don't think she realizes how big and bulky she is.. she got a little too excited and the play time with the pups had to come to an end before Maddy accidentally hurt Camy. But I got a few photos in the beginning..
[really stretching for 10 here....]
9. My sister is coming to town this weekend with her husband and Mr. Rylan! So excited! I so wish we lived closer together but I am grateful that (so far) we have been able to squeeze a visit in about once a month. I love that Camy has cousins close to her in age that she will get to grow up with. I always get so excited and anxious and giddy before a visit with the Stub's, and this week is no different! I'm like a little kid counting down to Christmas Eve.. 2 more days until the Stub's arrive!!! YAY!
10. I have no more. I almost made it.
I am cheating by making one of my points about that fact that I don't have another point.
But I can do that. Its my blog.
Good night.
What? No mention of the super-fun play day in the park with your most awesome mommy friends? Well, I never!!
ReplyDeleteDid you see L's photo wall inspirations? On her site? Ask her for the password, but she's got A TON of layout ideas. Or just peruse on Flickr. I'm probably going to go whimsy in our entry way and more geometrical in our bedroom.
Love all the pics! Such a doll.
ReplyDeleteI think #10 should have been about how you can't believe you haven't seen your good friend and her daughter in MONTHS. ;-)
Your daughter is beautiful!
ReplyDelete