Its "just a cold" according to the doctor. "Just a" my butt. This "just a cold" is running my sweet girl into the ground. She is a sad sight with her red puffy eyes, runny nose (that's all red a la Rudolph), coughing and wheezing and gagging. She has been sleeping, coughing, or crying all day. Oh, and clapping. She learned how to clap yesterday and does it all. the. time. now. Even with a sad face on, she's a-clappin' away. Cough Cough ::clap::. Roll over to get comfy in bed ::clap::. Its uh-dorable. I just wish she had a happy face to go along with it!
And before I get to all the fun festivities that are 5QF, I have to gripe for just a moment. This afternoon as we were headed home from CamyBean's pedi appt, I was pulled over. The scene in my car at that very moment was a desperate one - Camy in tears. Not just in tears, I mean hysterical crying to the point that she was practically choking herself. I had my right arm reached over the monstrosity of a car seat she rides in these days, fumbling around for her binkie and trying to hold her hand to console her. I was damn near tears myself because I hate not being able to make my sweet love feel better and I just wanted to get home and cuddle her and feed her and do all the things that make her day a little bit easier. But, stoopid old cop had to make our day harder. I was turning right at a red light (which is totally legal!) from an approved turn lane (didn't even have to go onto the shoulder, which I learned was a no-no back when I was 16 at that very same intersection back before they widened the road to add a turn lane) with a blinker. Right after turning I saw the cop on the side of the road and had a little thank you Jesus I'm not speeding moment. Until his lights went on. WTF? Me? Surely he didn't turn his lights on for me? Oh wait, he's getting behind me. Mother of pearl, are you #)*$^(^& kidding me? FOR WHAT?!
Soooo.. I pulled over. Got out my licenses and insurance. He waltzed on up taking his sweet ass time as my child continues to scream as though her life depended on it. At this point, I am in tears.
He tells me he stopped me for disregarding a red light.
You've got to be kidding me.
I asked him why - through my tears, mind you, and loud enough that he can hear me over my sick daughter's sobbing. He explained that I did not come to a complete stop before turning right on red. I explained that my daughter is sick and we are headed home for the doctor and I yielded long enough to notice that the traffic on {the street I was turning on to} had a protected left turn so it was safe for me to go.. I am just really flustered with my baby crying and want to get home to console her.
His response, "Alright, well this won't take long. Let me go write out your citation."
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK?!
...is what I wanted to say. Along with some other choice words. But I didn't. I just cried. And leaned over the backseat and tried to calm Camy down while this jackass took for-freaking-ever to write up the most ridiculous ticket in the history of tickets.
Then he comes back, I sign by the stupid x and lean back over the seat again as he is giving his speech about what to do next. I swear he must have been reading word for word everything printed in the tiny print on the back of the ticket. I turned back to him and said "Can I read this when I get her home and calmed down" to which he seemed surprised "Oh sure, here you go. Here's your license. Have a nice afternoon." Yeah, you too asshole.
UGH!!!!!!
Soooo.. Camy continued to cry the whole rest of the way home and I continued driving with my arm asleep perched over the top of her chair holding her hand, because if I let go of her hand she screamed louder and harder. Poor girl. Just wanted her mommy.
And I just wanted to kick that FattyMcFuck in the junk.
:::deep breath::::
Okay, onto happier things.
Fun, questiony things.

1. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
Hmmm. I love me some Julia Roberts. And Rachel McAdams. And Jenna Fischer.
But I think my answer will be Rachael Leigh Cook. Sure, you may know her from She's All That or Josie and the Pussycats... but to me, she is and always be Mary Anne from The Baby-Sitters Club. The summer that movie came out, I do believe I watched it every day. A couple times a day. I read every book in the series and wanted to be in the BSC. I may or may not have tried to create my own BSC.
2. Did you ever go to summer camp?
Just once, a church camp at J Bar J Ranch with my friend, Alene, in middle school. It was a week long camp and I was so far out of my element it wasn't even funny. I was not raised in a religious household, yet here I was at a Catholic church camp.
Other than that the only summer camps I attended were not camps at all.. just what the daycares called their summer programs. Same old teachers, same old facility, same old kids I saw every other week day of the year. Bah.
Just once, a church camp at J Bar J Ranch with my friend, Alene, in middle school. It was a week long camp and I was so far out of my element it wasn't even funny. I was not raised in a religious household, yet here I was at a Catholic church camp.
Other than that the only summer camps I attended were not camps at all.. just what the daycares called their summer programs. Same old teachers, same old facility, same old kids I saw every other week day of the year. Bah.
3. What sends you running and screaming in the other direction?
Spiders. Spiders. Snakes and spiders. Scorpions. Bugs or creepy crawlers of any form. Gross. Gross. OMG XYZ gross.
Spiders like to eat my arm.
Once upon a time in middle school I forgot my athletics uniform. The punishment for forgetting a uniform was having to wear the loaner uniform. The bright purple [school colors: maroon and gold], marked with a large bold "L" on the chest, loaner uniform. Not what the cool kids wore! So I borrowed a uniform from a friend and apparently her mother had stitched a fold into the arm cuffs (because all the cool kids folded up the arms of their t-shirts!) and apparently this friend didn't make a habit out of taking her uniform home to be washed. Apparently, spiders had taken up residence in the fold of her arm cuffs and apparently little spiders decided they didn't like me wearing the uniform that day. Several spiders began crawling down my arm during warm-ups and I freaked my freak. Ran to the showers, stood under the water with my clothes on, and cried. I didn't feel any bites, so I thought all was well... until my next class period. Within an hour my arm was swelling like crazy and apparently I had cluster of about a dozen spider bites just below the inside of my elbow. It was cuh-razy, yall.
And solidified my arachnophobia.
And taught me to never forget my [fresh and clean, spider-free] athletics uniform ever again.
Now I feel like I have spiders on me.
:::shivers:::
Spiders like to eat my arm.
Once upon a time in middle school I forgot my athletics uniform. The punishment for forgetting a uniform was having to wear the loaner uniform. The bright purple [school colors: maroon and gold], marked with a large bold "L" on the chest, loaner uniform. Not what the cool kids wore! So I borrowed a uniform from a friend and apparently her mother had stitched a fold into the arm cuffs (because all the cool kids folded up the arms of their t-shirts!) and apparently this friend didn't make a habit out of taking her uniform home to be washed. Apparently, spiders had taken up residence in the fold of her arm cuffs and apparently little spiders decided they didn't like me wearing the uniform that day. Several spiders began crawling down my arm during warm-ups and I freaked my freak. Ran to the showers, stood under the water with my clothes on, and cried. I didn't feel any bites, so I thought all was well... until my next class period. Within an hour my arm was swelling like crazy and apparently I had cluster of about a dozen spider bites just below the inside of my elbow. It was cuh-razy, yall.
And solidified my arachnophobia.
And taught me to never forget my [fresh and clean, spider-free] athletics uniform ever again.
Now I feel like I have spiders on me.
:::shivers:::
4. What is something you do that drives your spouse nuts?
I just asked him - "ummm, you leave the coffee grounds on the counter top".
Which I only do like once a week.
Or maybe twice.
I wake up before the birds {and before my husband and daughter} and I tiptoe around the house getting ready for work. When I go to make the coffee, the previous days' filter and grounds are always still in the pot {left there by my husband the day before, which drives me nuts}. So I take out the old filter and set it on the counter and make the fresh pot of coffee. MOST mornings I throw away the filter, but if I'm in a big, fat hurry sometimes I leave it.
But I would like for the record to show that if the husband threw out the filter after drinking the last cup of coffee in the morning, I wouldn't have a filter to leave on the counter in the first place.
So there.
Which I only do like once a week.
Or maybe twice.
I wake up before the birds {and before my husband and daughter} and I tiptoe around the house getting ready for work. When I go to make the coffee, the previous days' filter and grounds are always still in the pot {left there by my husband the day before, which drives me nuts}. So I take out the old filter and set it on the counter and make the fresh pot of coffee. MOST mornings I throw away the filter, but if I'm in a big, fat hurry sometimes I leave it.
But I would like for the record to show that if the husband threw out the filter after drinking the last cup of coffee in the morning, I wouldn't have a filter to leave on the counter in the first place.
So there.
5. What is currently your favorite song?
Lady Antebellum - American Honey
Or any other song on the LadyA cd.
Your turn!
Link up!
{BIG THANKS to Mama M for hosting! Go check out her own answers today!}

Lady Antebellum - American Honey
Or any other song on the LadyA cd.
Your turn!
Link up!
{BIG THANKS to Mama M for hosting! Go check out her own answers today!}

I can't believe that cop gave you a ticket!!!!! POS! Do you BF? I would have nursed right there in the front seat, just to make him feel as uncomfortable as possible.
ReplyDeleteWTH?!? That story makes me angry! What a loser cop, I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteBut yay for cute clapping! How fun!