Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: Yeah, Right.

1. This has been such an uneventful-blah week that I seeeeriously doubt I have 10 things to share. Which is why number one is an explanation of how I will not reach number ten. Cheating? Meh.

2. Last week was cold and dreary and chock-full of sick kiddos. Not mine, thankfully, but a lot of her buddies were in quarantine with fevers or tummy bugs or yucky noses. We stayed home most of the week before finally venturing back out into the world on Friday.

3. Friday morning we met our BFFs at the mall for some baby winter shopping and lunch. The girls were cutre than cute and cooperated really well with the mamas carting them from store to store. This mama behaved and only bought what Cam was lacking - tights.. but I can't say so much about the other Mama. SBG is going to be one well-dressed little lady this season! ;)
Tabs snapped this cell phone pic of Cam modeling a Baby Gap scarf. :love:

4. We headed home after lunch to sneak in a good nap before our park playdate with K and her sweet boy, Braxton. I was sure to grab my camera as we dashed out the door, and was so mad at myself when we got to the park and I realized the camera battery was still on the charger! UGH! I got in some good cuddles with Mr. B and managed to get a few laughs out of him even though he'd been having a less-than-awesome week (poor dude) while Cam kept K on her toes as they chased our giant ball around the soccer field. Cam loves to see and play with K! I wish I had my camera to document that. :(

5. I never did talk about our Trick or Treating adventure, did I? For shame.
This was Cam's first year trick or treating given that she was just over 2 months old last Halloween. After feeding her an early dinner, we got her all dressed up in her ladybug garb and hit the road. We only went to about half a dozen houses on the next street up, but Cam seemed to really enjoy herself.
She caught on to the process very quickly, and totally rocked at the knocking part. However, as soon as the door began to open, she would bolt in the opposite direction. Stranger danger, much? We were able to coax her back up to the door where she would be showered with "oooh"s and "how cute!"s and "wow! she is the most precious ladybug ever!"s. (Which, let's admit.. was all totally true!) The folks at the door would hold their bowl of goodies out to her, and she would ponder her choices a minute before digging in.. usually reaching for a lollipop.. occasionally a candy ear. :gag:
The very last house we went to really took Halloween seriously. In addition to offering grilled hotdogs and lemonade to all the neighbors, they had their house totally done up from top to bottom.. including a scene staged on their roof and a robotic life-size witch stirring a cauldron full of dry ice. We wanted to get a pic of Cam up by the cauldron display, but she was not digging the smoky fog, so I had to walk up there with her. (Minnie Mouse there didn't realize we were trying to take a photo.. but whatev).
I think my favorite part of the evening, however, was watching Cam walk back home with her bucket tossed over her shoulder like a purse. I love the way she carries bags these days, holding her arm up. So darn cute.

She'd stop every few feet to make sure her loot was still right where she left it, then hoist her bucket back up onto her shoulder and carry on. 

6. Oh! And another "I can't believe I never shared these photos!" moment: A dear friend of ours managed to catch a couple of SUPERcute pics of my beautiful girl a couple weeks ago. I mean, really, can she be any cuter? The baby blues. The tongue. The dimple. The cuddles. I melt. {best. pic. ever.}
And these.. I love them all!



7. Cam's vocab continues to expand at a staggering pace. She is now saying words the "y" sound, and the "c"/"k" sound. For example, her Aunt Amy is "yay-yay", our dog Maya is "Eye-Yuh", turkey is "cock-uh" (uhh.. yeah.. hard not to chuckle at that one), and "fork" is "foock" (another one that borders on inappropriate). And my super-fave. "Cupcake", or in Cam-speak: "Cuh-cate". love. [disclaimer: she learned "cuh-cate" from her very favorite Corduroy book, not her mama's chocolate addiction. promise.]

8. Girl loves to read these days. She is finally more interested in what is actually on the pages, as opposed to just turning the pages, or eating them. Her favorite books are the lift-the-flap books and she always giggles when she sees the picture hiding beneath the flap, no matter what that picture may be. She has 2 books in particular that she almost always reaches for... 

9. Today I'm recovering from a whirlwind virus that totally knocked me on my butt for a day and a half. It hit me out of nowhere Sunday morning with what I thought was some sort of stomach bug, but that quickly passed and I felt fine for several hours. Then Sunday afternoon I woke up from my nap with Cam with a fever, all-over body aches and a headache like you would not believe. I got a little worried thinking I may have caught the flu, but fortunately that wasn't the case. My fever lasted almost 24 hrs exactly, my headache has lessened significantly but not totally gone away, the body aches are gone but were replaced with a sore throat.. and my doctor was stumped. No flu. No strep. Normal blood count. We chalked it up to just some crazy, fast-moving virus. So far both Cam and Andy have dodged the bullet, and I hope it stays that way. I can't imagine my sweet girl feeling as miserable as I did Sunday afternoon! 

10. No way! I made it 10? I guess this would be a good time to tell you that I am going to start over with my Couch to 5K training. I missed a good portion of last week with the rainy weather and no rain-shield for our jogger, and then didn't run over the weekend with my yucky virus - so I'm going to just repeat week one and go from there. Starting tomorrow. And oddly enough, I'm actually looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. uh....what's a candy ear? do you mean candy corn???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tab, c'mon dude. I added the pic of the ear and everything. Geeeez. ;)
    Took us a minute to even figure out what it was.. but sure enough.. it was a candy EAR.

    ReplyDelete