I have a little free time on this Friday, so I'm taking a few minutes to link up with Mama M for Five Question Friday. Play along, won't ya?
1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Hands down, no question, don't even need to think about it - giving birth to my beautiful daughter.
Pitocin induction, 2 failed epidurals, 3 1/2 hours of pushing. Oy. Never want to go through that again.
And I don't mean the med-free labor/delivery, I mean the lack of preparation for the med-free L&D.
I am no longer afraid of going without the pain medication, because I know my body can do it. I know I can do it. But, I need to be prepared next time. I need techniques to cope with the pain. I need my brain wrapped around the idea. It was a shock that both epidurals failed, a possibility I had never even considered. So not only was it the most physically painful experience I have been through, it was also very discouraging and mentally-draining as well. I had a lot of fear and anxiety and frustration and confusion.
It was not a good experience for me.
But look at my precious girl - thank goodness there was such an awesome prize at the end!
2. How much sleep do you get at night?
Not enough. And its not because of Cam. Cam is an awesome sleeper - I should learn a thing or two from her. She is usually in bed around 8pm, at which time I head back out into the living room to catch up on my DVRed shows, check my blog reader, waste time on Facebook, etc. Andy is usually at work until close to midnight, so I have nobody home to say "Hey, you should get some sleep" and I rarely make it to bed before 11. My alarm goes off at 445, I get out of bed around 5.
So, 6 hours. Ick.
I really need to get better about going to bed at a decent hour.
3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?
Is it horrible that I don't even remember? I have no idea how long I believed. I have no recollection of how I found out. How sad. I think I will call my mother this evening to see if she has an answer to this question...
4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Holy Moly, I hope I am remembering this wrong. The first thing that came to mind was "Marley and Me", which I saw on Christmas Day 2008, just before finding out we were pregnant. But that can't be right, can it? Surely Andy and I saw something in theaters while I was pregnant?! I know I haven't seen a movie in theaters since Cam was born... hmm. Maybe it was "Marley and Me". Geez. We need to get out more.
5. What do you wear to bed?
Underwear. That's it. I can't sleep with a shirt on because I hate when they get bunched up and twisted around. I can't sleep with a tank on because it drives me crazy to wake up and have to shift it back or cover myself up again. I hate sleeping in pants because I don't like the way they catch when I roll over. I get too hot in socks. Soo.. simply underwear.
While I was nursing, I slept in a nursing tank to control the girls a bit. But now that I'm done with all that, its back to the good ol' days, the comfy way.
Note: When I am staying somewhere else, not at home, I can and do wear clothing to bed. I just don't enjoy it.
Thanks, as always, for hosting, Mama M!

How you get out of bed at 4:45 amazes me! I'd never be able to do it! Mornings are not my friend. lol More power to you!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the pain. I had epidurals with my first two but the doctor turned them off when it was time to push. I was SO angry when I learned that wasn't necessary. My second baby was 11 pounds... Ouch!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!