Monday, November 15, 2010

Its that time already?

Time to start nailing down plans for Christmas.. gifts, travel plans, decor (now that there's a curious toddler in the house, some changes will certainly need to be made), and dun.dun.dun... Christmas cards!

Wardrobes for the family photos.
Getting the perfect shot out of a 14 month old that stays still for all of negative 0.4 seconds.
Selecting the Christmas card layout.
Ordering.
Addressing.
And actually mailing them (that's the hard part! ha!).

This year though, tasks number 3-5? Easy, peasy (lemon squeezy).
Why?
Shutterfly.
Dear, sweet Shutterfly.

Have you looked at their card designs this year?
:swoon:
I was able to pare down my list of faves to the five top contenders (uhh.. and that's down from like 16. For real!).
But I still can't decide.
I love the wording on this one.
The simplicity (and photo focus) of this one.
I love that you can blend the Christmas Letter concept into a short & sweet card like this.
Ahhh.. simple elegance. Huge photo, cuz I mean, who doesn't want to see Cam huge, center stage?
And this one.. Peace. Love. Joy.

How is one to decide? Really?!
I may number them 1-5 and let Cam draw out of a hat. :)
Once I can make up my mind, though, designing the card will be a breeze.
And the best part!?
I can have Shutterfly address, stamp and mail them directly to our loved ones!!!
Dude!
Do you even know how momumentally AWESOME that is for me?
Let me just tell you...
In November 07 I went through the whole Christmas card routine, right down to the addressing and stamping.
In December 07 we listed our house, which sold in 2 weeks (eep!). So we packed up and moved out.
In Feb 08 we moved into our current digs.
In March 08 I finally tackled the boxes in the office.. where I found a bag full of all our Christmas cards. Never sent. Signed. Addressed. Sealed. Stamped. Packed. Forgotten about!
Not okay.
This year, however, I am aware of the fact that I would be doing our loved ones a huge disservice by not giving them their yearly dose of Camy Christmas Card Cute.
Fo' Real.
Behold, last year's cute:

We're upping the ante this year, folks.
Just you wait.
{Thank you, Shutterfly!}

And, need grandparent gifts? Have you seen these desk calendars? 
There are 4 gifts checked off our shopping list! :)


Disclaimer: If this sounds a bit promotional, that's because it is. Dude, 50 free cards! How could I not?
Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… sign up: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

No comments:

Post a Comment