We are playing along with this blog hop. You should play, too. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what other mama's do with their babies all day long!
Today was just me and The Bean, as Daddy was at work from 7am til... well, its 923pm now and he's still not home. Boooo.
But, here's how it all went down....
Today was just me and The Bean, as Daddy was at work from 7am til... well, its 923pm now and he's still not home. Boooo.
But, here's how it all went down....
Remember yesterday, when I said it was "Shapin' up to be a pretty awesome Monday!"?
Yeah.
About that.
Cam woke up at 308am. She tends to have at least one night waking stirring each night, where she whimpers and rolls about until I place a hand on her, then she dozes right back off to sleep. When I glanced at the clock to see it was 308am, I was shocked she was stirring already.. its usually around 430am. But I gave her a little cuddle and waited for her to simmer down. Except she didn't. She poked my ears saying "esss", and stuck her finger in my nose... she crawled over me trying to get off the bed (floor bed, remember?). And she cried when I wouldn't let her. She threw her binkie across the room. She did not want to go back to sleep. But guess what, Bean? I may let naps slide if you aren't interested, or push bedtime back a bit when you are ultra-playful. But at 308am, Mama don't play. Its sleepy time. The last time I glanced at the clock before we both dozed off, 413am. Sweet Mother, what was that all about?!
754am: Woke up to Cam crawling over me. Ok, 8am is a suitable wake-up time. G'Morning Sunshine!
I tell her that her binkie stays in her bed, so she pretends to hand it to me.. but then always yanks it back before I can grab it. Silly.
Diaper Change for the bean before we head to the kitchen for our sustenance:
[Duuude, Mom! I can see my bottle. Lemme have it!]
I plop Cam on her bean beag with her milk, turn on a little PBS, and take the 3.76 minutes of distraction to check my email and such before she is done with the tv and wants my attention. The girl has never lasted more than 5 minutes watching TV. Which is good in that she doesn't get much TV, but some days I wish I could distract her for a weee-bit longer.
830am: Mama starts breakfast. Cam is still learning that she has to wait for her food to be prepared. Once she sees me pulling food out of the fridge...
840am: We can finally sit and eat. Eggs, bagel with cream cheese, and sliced pears (not photographed.. sticky fingers).
Around 10am, Cam and I headed out to the park to meet up with our BFFs.
[the girls inspecting the construction of the see-saw]
[Cam, love, those pants do little for your figure.]
[check out that crazy wind-blown hair]
[bet ya can't guess what happened .005seconds after snapping this one...]
11am: After playing a bit, we headed to Red Robin for lunch. {yummmm}
Our placement near the windows messed up the lighting in 99% of the photos (boo!), but we got these 2.
[does your little like to sit sideways in highchairs, too?]
[this is her "yuck" face.. after Tab told her "yucky" for licking the table]
We are working on a transition to one nap a day, which is going better than I expected, but still not easy on The Bean. She made it through the whole morning sans meltdown, but was passed. out. in the car before we even made it out of the parking lot. Literally 13 seconds after I strapped her in, lights out.
1230pm: Made it home, sleepily sucked down a bottle of milk, naptime at 1245pm.
[wow, her bed looks huge in this photo!]
215pm: My sweet little bean swung her bedroom door open and toddled out into the living room to find me. This is one of my favorite parts of having a floor bed.. her coming out of her room on her own accord, no tears, proud of her independence. Since she only slept for an hour and a half, though, I scooped her up and went to snuggle her a bit longer in hopes she might sleep some more. No dice, but it was nice to get the extra cuddle time.
When we decided naptime was officially over, we stripped her sheets off her bed to wash everything.
Who knew mattress tags could be so intriguing?
While I was stripping the sheets, she discovered one of her shape blocks under the chair...
...and was not amused that I was taking a photo of her rather than helping her. Sorry, love!
Now, back to the task at hand! When she saw me put all the sheets into a laundry basket, she knew right where we were headed and led the way to the garage...
230pm: Camy knows that afternoons are when we open up her playroom... and we always start out with a little peek-a-boo action. She's really into opening/closing doors these days, until she accidentally shuts herself in a room and can't open the door herself.. which ended our game quickly today.
240pm: Part One of afternoon snack is usually her drinkable yogurt... yum.
300pm: Then we spent the bulk of our afternoon just tearing up the house...
...by taking DVDs off the shelf...
...or pulling all the food and pots/pans and utensils out of our play kitchen...
...emptying the bottom drawer of our dresser, and tearing up the play mat...
...and even by dragging all the diaper bags out of the closet.
We took pause at one point to make sure our belly button was still where it should be (it was!)...
...and to read the information pamphlet about our Bee Bop Band set.
But by 4pm, Cam was timing out on me.
This whole one-nap-a-day business is not faring well so far, so we laid down for some snuggle time in hopes she would take a cat nap. Again, no dice.
500pm: To ward off a pre-dinner meltdown, we headed out for a walk to the mailbox.
Can ya tell she was sleepy? Poor bug.
She loves to try and help unlock the mailbox...
...then look at me like, "Really, Mom? We go through this every time. I need your help here."
530pm: After our mail run, we headed home to make dinner. I gave Cam a sippy of juice (she's been a bit backed up lately) in hopes of keeping her occupied a bit. I may or may not have coordinated the cup with her diaper.
At one point the dogs started barking, so she went to investigate..
...and tried to let Maya in. It scares me that she can reach the knobs already. Oy.
Apparently the sippy cup of juice couldn't quite hold her off til dinner.. she got into the pantry and raided the snack shelf.
600pm: Finally, dinner time!
[what a good girl, reaching for her broccoli first!]
[what do we have heeere?]
[after stacking her dishes this way, she lifted the bowl to try and take a drink. ha.]
[obviously this way's easier! Good to the last drop!]
645pm: Then it was straight to the tub.. where we had the mother of all bathtime debacles. First she peed on the big rug while I was checking the temp of the water. I tossed the rug into the hall to wash this evening, and moved the little rug over for me to kneel on. Then she pooped in the tub - which never happens! I scooped her out and went about cleaning it all up... when she peed on the little rug, too!!!! What? The? HECK!!?
We wrapped bath time up quickly before she could do anymore damage, then went to do our lotion/pajammy routine.
715pm: Bedtime, little one. She gets her lovey, her 2 bedtime binkies, and a bottle of milk. We snuggle in the chair a few minutes, then move to the bed where she snuggles to sleep. Tonight, after such an adventurous day, she was out by 745.
Good Night, Sweet Pea.
[Disclaimer: I am sure you noticed my baby girl's lack of pants. Yes. If we are hanging out at the house, she can usually be found in a shirt with just her cloth diaper. But its okay, cuz CD bums are super cute, right?! And you've got to take advantage of the freedom to go pants-less while you can. Its not so socially acceptable later in life, y'know.]
[Another disclaimer: Usually her binkie stays in her bed, only to be used during naps and nighttime. This afternoon, however, she was struggling with having just one short nap so it was a battle I chose not to fight. Just thought I would point that out since the first thing out of her Daddy's mouth when he peeked at this post was, "Do you always let her have her paci all day?". Oops.]















































What a day!! And I'm so impressed that you were able to keep her up until 7:45! I would have given in and put her to bed earlier. You're like a mule, I tell ya!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! Too funny about bath time...she was just showing off for your special blog post. Had to make it extra special, you know?
ReplyDeleteGreat day! Lots of similarities between our girls, too. Bella LOVED look at this pictures and kept asking for more! more! chances to see the "baby! baby!" :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to take one picture from your day to put on my blog post that links to everyone's days.
Thanks for participating!