Sunday, October 31, 2010

Accountability.

I'm putting this out there in hopes that by announcing my goals, I will have more motivation.. I will hold myself more accountable because there will now be people that will be aware of my success or my failure.

I started the Couch to 5K program last week.
I got a few weeks into it just after our wedding, then quit.
This time, there's no quitting.
Even if I have to repeat a week or two along the way..
Even if it takes me longer than 9 weeks..
Even if I come home from every run cursing the program..
I am going to finish this.
I am going to be able to run a 5K without stopping.

I have a few friends who have also recently started, so I am looking forward to the group mentality helping me along.

Wish me luck, friends! I'm gonna need it!
This mama is way out of shape, and the first 2 days of the program felt a bit like a butt-kicking!

Today should have been my third run, but we participated in a charity 5K this morning, so I'm going to bump it to tomorrow.

Here we all are just before the race. The three of us walked, but I'm glad to get a feel for the distance I'm aiming to run in the next 8 weeks. Camy fell asleep sometime during the second mile, so our finish line photo should be interesting. :)

the family that runs walks together...

We met up with our Urban friends, and were uber-impressed by their hardcore-ness.
Mr. Urban lapped us twice.. and Mrs. Urban beat the goal she had set for herself by a few seconds!
And we just adore the little Urban boys, so we had fun getting some playtime in with those kiddos before/after the race!

What a fun (albeit tiring) way to start our day!
Hope you all are enjoying some Halloween festivities with your loved ones today!
As soon as The Bean wakes up from her nap, we're headed outside for some pumpkin carving and then tonight will be her first Trick-or-Treating experience! Can't wait to share those photos!

Happy (and safe) Halloween!

1 comment: