In my last post, I hoped that this week would bring us all good things. And so far, so good.
1. Camy is healthy!! All is right in her world again. RSV is gone. Cough is cleared up (way before the 3 weeks we worried about!). Appetite is back in full force. Sleep routine made a glorious comeback. She is smiling and laughing and playing and wonderful.
2. And, AND.. she's crawling, y'all. Crawling. With her belly off the ground, cuh-rawling. Its about time! She's been inching around in her cute, awkward little fashion for months now. But she finally figured out how to get her little chubby-belly up and gain some forward momentum on her hands and knees. Ya know what did the trick? Bath time. Yup. Bath time. I finally mustered up the nerve to ditch her bath seat, and she loved it. She loved having full reign of the tub and chasing her bath toys. Only problem was she tried chasing them by her usual belly scooting. And she failed. And I freaked. {Um, Camy - you are not a fish. You cannot breathe with your face under water, my dear!!} It really didn't take long for her to figure out a way to get to her toys without drowning {my smart girl!}, and I was surprised to see her newfound skill translate so easy to dry land. The very next day she started crawling around the living room! So cute! She's still very much a slow poke, but I certainly don't mind that! ;)
Not the best pic - but the girl was on the move. I was just trying to keep up! ;)
3. We have decided to begin to think about maybe considering trying to once again potentially transition Camy back to her crib. Maybe. We are thinking about considering it. Strike that. A was ready months ago to have her in her crib. I am super duper hesitant. But I know it needs to happen eventually. I know she will be fine (well, I don't know that.. but I tell myself that to help me sleep at night). She napped in her crib out of necessity yesterday, which was the first time in months. And of course, she rocked it. Naps, I can handle. Then she fell asleep during her nighttime nursing so I seized the opportunity and laid her in her crib. She didn't bat an eye at being laid down, so I
4. Total Tooth Count: 4. Her top middle (left) has broken the surface and the one just beside that one is about halfway in. Her crooked little toothy grin just kills me. Its hard to get those top teeth in a good show-off photo.. even harder than it was to catch the bottom, I've learned. But we're trying and hope to debut the toofies here soon.
5. Saturday the three of us made a day trip into Houston to attend the 2nd Birthday Party for a dear friend's son. I was a little worried about keeping Camy strapped into her seat for 7 hours out of the day, but in true Camy fashion, she totally rocked it. We only had to make one stop to feed her on the way there, and made it the whole way back without slowing down. Awesome! And Camy loved flirting with everyone at the party. She really seems to have outgrown her first wave of "stranger danger" and was hamming it up for all the guests. What surprised us the most, though, was the way she latched onto my friend's mother in law! I mean, Camy LOVED her. Reached for her. Giggled at her. Talked to her. After about 30 minutes I tried to take her to go and eat, and Camy turned away from me. Yeah, I'd be lying if I said that didn't sting a little. Or a lot. It was cute though, to see Camy making friends. And it was wonderful to catch up with some folks we hadn't seen in far too long.
6. Camy helped us make the trip in. She fits in well with the stereotypical Houston drivers.
Get out of my waaaaay!
[Disclaimer: This was taken while we were parked in the Brenham McDonald's parking lot. You don't need to call CPS.]
7. We celebrated my first Mother's Day with an outside baby this past Sunday. It was lovely. I woke up to a happy, beautiful, healthy girl - and let's face it, there's nothing that can top that! I came into the living room to find a card and a gift perched in my nursing spot. Camy and Andy got me a beautiful birthstone ring from James Avery that I just love. We went to a yummy brunch at the in-laws then to beautiful Mother's Day service at church. After that, we just hung out and enjoyed each other's company, and that's all I can ask for on such a special day. Getting to live and laugh with my husband and precious daughter. To top off the evening, Andy made us a yummy dinner which was followed by chocolate covered strawberries and wine. Lovely. :) I hope all my firsttime Mommy friends enjoyed their first official Mother's Day as much as I did!
8. In solid food news, we had to take a break from solids while we were battling RSV. Not only did she just not have much of an appetite, she was also very lethargic during nearly all her awake time. Any energy she had throughout the day was exerted nursing. It was rather sad - our days consisted of nursing, sleeping, crying, and coughing. But, with the return of her appetite, we are jumping right back into the world of table food. She still gets purees at least 2x per day, but we are now offering her much more of what we are eating. 2 introductions that stand out this week: cheese and mandarin oranges. Love and love.
This was the beginning of her love affair with cheese, stealing the chunk her daddy was snacking on:
9. As is the trend around her since Camy Bean came along, I save myself for last. Soo.. in ME news, whatever allergic reaction I was having last week cleared up beautifully with the steroid treatment I was put on. The meds didn't seem to have any effect on my breastfeeding, and I had no ill side effects as a result. My face returned to its normal state of fluffiness and my lips no longer look like I had bad botox done in an alley. Huge relief, I tell you. Unfortunately, as of last night, the rash that was along my jawline began making a comeback, so we are anxiously waiting to see if it progresses the same way this time. Let's hope it does not and that this is just a fluke that will resolve itself quickly.
10. Aaaand, in other ME news (because the Mama deserves 2 bullet points out of 10 every once in a while, no?)... I am treating myself over the next week. I am going on a solo shopping excursion to find a hot mama swim suit while Camy spends some time with her daddy at home... and I am crazy excited about the idea of doing some shopping without worrying about tending to the babe. Also, and this is big news people, I have an appointment to {finally} get my hair cut and colored. I have missed my beloved Mel and her magical hair powers, and I am counting down the hours til I get to walk through those salon doors! Hooooray for Becky Time. Not Mommy Time. Not Wife Time. Not Nanny Time. Just Becky. Just me. It will be gloooorious.
Happy Tuesday!!
And I totally laughed *out loud* at your Camy-driving photo...that one is a CLASSIC! Yay for crawling and healthiness and real food and Becky time!
ReplyDeleteHer eyes are stunning!
ReplyDeletehttp://sweetcakesxo.blogspot.com/
1. We have the same pj's. I love them.
ReplyDelete2. That driving picture is awesome. Make that a big one.
3. I miss you girlies. A LOT. :(