Friday, May 14, 2010

5QF

After missing the last few 5QF's, I'm so glad to be back. Being back means we've returned to normal. Its a good day when I have time to sit down and play along with a blog hop! Do you play along? You totally should! Especially today - we've got good questions from Mama M today! [Thanks, Mama M!]

My Little Life


1. Take your pick... date night, girls night out, or night out alone?
This may sound sad to some folks, but I would take Girls' Night Out, easy peasy. The wine {or whatever the heck Tabs makes with champagne and cranberry juice}, the laughter, the stories shared.. too much fun! While I do definitely enjoy the date nights with the hubs, I see the hubs every day. So when I have the chance to get out of the house to join the ladies for an evening, I jump at it! {Sorry, A!}

2. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
Well.. no. I am glad it is zero dark hour here and the rest of the house is lost in sleepyland. Because I'm pretty sure I looked like a looney tune trying... twice. And I can't do it. I don't even think I'm close to touching. Can people really do that? Do you have to have some freakishly long tongue to be able to touch your nose? Hmmm.. 

3. What is your favorite flower and why?
By far, purple tulips. And white calla lilies. ::love:: I'm not sure what the initial adoration stemmed from, but I carried both in my wedding so now when I see either flower, that is where my mind takes me. They are beautiful blooms and very special to me now.
 Such wonderful memories of that day.
photo taken by the amazing Tyler Schmitt

4. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
Another easy one. Finish college. I dropped out of college pretty early on because I wanted to move in with my then-boyfriend-now-husband and thought we could use a few months of working FT and socking away money. I told myself I would just take one semester off and then drop back down to PT work and return to school. Didn't happen quite the way I had planned. Things kept getting in the way of college. Things like acquiring a new car payment, so needing to work more than just part time to keep bills paid. Things like getting married and wanting to start a family. Things that should have taken the back seat to me finishing my education, but at the time seemed exponentially more important. Now, don't get wrong here - I love my husband and my daughter more than anything, but I can't help but speculate about what kind of (easier) financial situation we may be in had I gotten my degree and started my career sooner. I would love to go back to school and finish up, but now it will have to wait until Camy is a little bit older. 

5. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
With "do" italicized here, I imagine you are not asking what the first thing I would spend the money on would be? {Which would be paying off our medical bills and buying a bigger house.} What would I actually do? Probably cry. And laugh. At the same time. With a few screams thrown in there for good measure. Have you ever done (or seen) the I'm so happy I don't know whether to cry or laugh so I'll do both reaction? Cuz that would be me.


Your turn!! Follow the instructions found here.. I'd love to see your answers!


1 comment:

  1. Love all your answers,so fun!!! I love your blog, too cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete