Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: Almost TWO, y'all.

1) 17 days until my sweet little chunk-a-love turns 2. :sigh:

2) Tonight is the third night in a row that she's had a fever just before bed. The first two nights were low grade - 100* or under. Tonight was 101.1*. My poor love. Anyone care to diagnose her via the interwebs? 2 year molars? Maybe? She would never let me look that far back in her mouth, so I guess we may never know. And... When do we have to stop blaming every blip on teething? Cuz I'm not ready to quite yet.
I am taking her to the walk-in clinic at our pediatrician's office in the morning to see if the fever may be related to this stupid cough that's been lingering for the last 2 weeks. Hope they can fix her right up!

3) When I went to pick her up from school yesterday, her toddler teacher gave me a transition packet. All the info we need for her big move up to Early Preschool is in that little packet. Her new teachers' names. When her first day will be (Aug 23). What their potty training philosophy looks like. (ZOMG) Too much scary info for my tender heart to digest. My baby.... er, toddler... crap, preschooler. :sob: My girl.. she's getting so big.

4) In talking with a friend yesterday :hi, Kel!:, I noted how fun this age is in terms of verbal skills (among other fun things, like finger-painting the carpet when unsupervised for 12 seconds). She is fully conversational now. And learning loads of new words every week. Words like "geez!" and "baking" and "rectangle" and "my turn to type!" and "no more breathing, mama!" (where "breathing" = nebulizer). All of which I heard in the 3 hours between school pick up and bedtime.

5) She is such a compassionate little dear. Always asking "you okay?" if she hears someone cough (uhh.. paranoid asthma mom, much, self?). Patting backs. Kissing boo-boos. Saying "bless-choo" when someone sneezes. Asking "You sad?" if she sees a less-than-happy face or her sweet little "Crying?" if she hears anyone crying or laughing (don't know why that always confuses here).  I love how much she loves others.

6) Her eating has pretty much gone to crap. She has become so picky in the last couple months. That's what I get for all the "my baby is such a great eater" bragging I've done the last 18 months. 6 months ago, had we eaten at Subway together, home girl would have easily and happily eaten a kid's turkey sub with cucumbers, olives, pickles, tomatoes, and cheese. We got her that very sandwich yesterday and she ate the olives and the cheese. Awesome. She'll eat just about anything if you give her some ranch dip though. Chicken dipped in ranch? Okay. Stir-fry veggies and ranch? Um, yeah. Grapes and ranch? Sure! GrossGrossGross. But whatever works, right? Right?


7) I always do the unthinkable and benchmark Cam against other kids her age, and about a month ago I started really working myself up over the fact that she wasn't very good at identifying shapes and colors. She knew some color words, but had no consistency in naming them accurately. It was all a guessing game with her, and usually her guess was "red?!". Well, all of the sudden, kid knows her stuff! We were drawing shapes on her chalkboard over the weekend and she correctly identified heart, circle, square, triangle, rectangle, moon, star, and oval!!! And it wasn't a fluke, because we kept quizzing her and laughing at how smart she is! Colors still trip her up.. but she'll get there!

8) Get a load of this...


 ...and this....


...oh, and this awesome little one here!



9) I want to always remember this little conversation we have several times a day:
Me: "Camy, you're getting to be such a big girl."
Camy: "No, I not."
Me: "You're not a big girl?"
Camy: "No."
Me: "Are you a baby?"
Camy: "No."
Me: "Well then, what are you?"
Camy: "I ME!!!"

Funny girl. That is right. You are you.. and I love you for it!

10) My oh my... I adore this girl.



1 comment: