Saturday, August 13, 2011

I thought I had more time!

I thought I had one more full week of my baby still in the toddler classroom.
But noooope.
On Thursday I was asked if I would be okay with bumping Cam up to Early Preschool only in the mornings starting this Monday, and then making her official, full-time transition on the 23rd as planned. I thought about it.. and really, the only reasons I would say no would be purely selfish. For my anxiety. For my desperation to cling to the baby toddler version of my sweet girl. And that's not fair to Cam. In fact, having a week of half-days may be a good idea. A nice way to ease her into her new class, with 2 new teachers and a bunch of new friends. A new routine. A new playground. Eating lunch and snacks in the cafeteria like a big girl. Being exposed to potty learning. Its going to be a whole new world for her, so perhaps starting slow would be to her benefit? We have the option to just let her stay in the EPS room all day next week if she's totally rocking it out, but if she is struggling, she can return to toddler for naps and the afternoon. So, we'll see. Maybe she'll handle this far better than I probably will.. maybe she'll just jump right in!
So after giving it some thought and talking to a few teachers I work with, I agreed. And justlikethat, I had just one more day of her in Toddler instead of six. Justlikethat, I was filling out "All About Me" forms for her new teachers. I was reading letters sent home about potty learning methods at school.
Oy.
Just Like That.
She's a preschooler.

Her Toddler teachers were also a little sad to hear the news as they too were looking forward to one more week with her. She has stolen their hearts, and I know Cam loves them just as much as they love her. We will both miss her wonderful toddler teachers so much! I was going to wait until this Friday to bring in some "Thank You!" gifts for them on what should have been her last day in that class, but since I had such little notice of the new transition plan, I will have to bring them in Monday, which is fine.
I am going to get each teacher a bouquet of flowers and arrange them in a vase or mason jar filled with magnetic letters (thank you, Pinterest, for the inspiration!) I will probably add some corny little tag that says something like "Thank You for helping my Sweet Camy bloom!" and write each one a more personalized note of gratitude.
We really hit the jackpot with her teachers in Toddler. I had high, high expectations for them, and amazingly enough, they exceeded them all. I so wish that the teachers could move up with her, but I have heard wonderful things about her new teachers as well, so all I hope is that they love my girl as much her toddler teachers do. That they see her caring spirit through her sassy attitude strong will. That they can guide her and teach her and help her grow as much as she has in the last 6 months. I have high hopes for my little early preschooler!

She is so ready.
And I'm getting there, too.
Here we go.... the adventure begins on Monday!


In other somewhat related news, all the plans for her party (which is 2 weeks from today!) are made. The menu is all planned out, cheesy food names and all. The favors have been discussed. The "cake" has been decided on. I have visions of the decor ideas dancing in my head. I love this stage of planning... the implementation. The shopping. The excitement!
It's going to be such a fun-filled day!





13 days until my baby turns TWO.
13 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment