Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'd like to always remember...

This is just a quick note, for my own memory.. a couple (perhaps silly) milestones.

Wednesday when I got home from work, Camy and Andy were finishing up dinner.
Camy got very excited to see me "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy-Mom-Mom-Mommy! Come on!".
She tried taking my hand to lead me off to go play with her and I said "Mommy wants to sit and have some dinner first, Camy, ok?"
Camy thought about that a second then tilted her head and said "Hungry, Mommy?"
I told her "Yep.. I'm very hungry."
She thought a second more then said, "Some food, Mommy?"
I was so impressed -- "That's exactly right.. I want to eat dinner because I'm hungry, so I need some food!"
That was the first time I could see her making all these little connections in her mind and be able to articulate the whole thing.. she's getting so big, so smart.

And a fun little story to remember...
Thursday afternoon one of Camy's teachers was sent to my room at school for a few hours to help out. We were talking about some of the things their class has been doing and some of the milestones they look for. Another one of Cam's teachers had signed off on Cam's Milestone Tracker that she was able to jump with both feet off the ground. I had never seen her successfully get both feet up, so I jokingly called BS and we were both laughing about it, and remembering the silly way Camy tries to jump.
That night when I got home, I asked Camy to jump to see what she would do -- and she totally got both feet off the ground! Andy and I both laughed and applauded, so of course, Camy kept jumping and jumping and jumping. Then she said "Daddy, you mump".. Andy jumped, and Camy applauded him just as we had been doing for her. They went back and forth for several minutes -- "Camy's turn to jump!" "YAAAY!" "Daddy, you mump!" "YAAY!" "Camy's turn.." and on and on. It was so funny, and oh, so adorable!

She is so fun these days!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment