Here I am, on Father's Day.. killing time sitting in an empty NeuroScience ICU room while my dad is downstairs getting an MRI of his brain. He had a stroke last night and was taken to the emergency room via an ambulance.. had emergency surgery at 135 am to remove (part of) a blood clot from the right side of his brain, and has been in ICU since.
My little sister and I drove out here first thing this morning and have been by his side, talking to nurses, bothering doctors for answers, and just trying to stay positive for him.
I never imagined I would ever have to spend Father's Day gowned and gloved at my dad's bedside. Away from my husband and daughter. Unsure of what is really going on.
This totally sucks.
But, the doctors seem confident in my dad's condition. They say that is all goes exactly right, he'll be here for a week then sent home with home health care orders and with "rigorous rehab" he should hopefully regain function of his left side (which he does not currently have).
Prayers that his heart holds up to the stress of this situation (he was being treated for atrial fibrillation when he had the stroke), and that his recovery is smooth and swift. Please and thank you.
And Happy Father's Day.
yes, tons and tons of prayers!! omg im so sorry to hear that this happened to your dad!
ReplyDelete