Saturday, June 5, 2010

Welcome to Camy's Play Room!

Finally. A post about her play room. I've been talking about it forever... since at least January, I think!
We still aren't totally done with it yet because we never seem to find the time to do construction-y stuff. We still need to add a second coat of white paint to the bed and shelves and add the trim around the chalk board. I am also working on getting some color on the walls, but without painting. I have been forbidden to paint. Humpf.
We bought a canvas print of the alphabet that has a picture for each letter and then 2 blank white canvases for Camy to fingerpaint. We've practiced with her a couple times and she has a ball, but I haven't braved using the real canvases yet. Maybe this week! :)

Here is a photo from the hallway.


And from the door.

This is standing in the corner looking toward the bed/shelves.

We put the quilts down because the berber carpet isn't very comfortable to crawl on and I haven't found a rug that is big enough, cheap enough, cute enough for my liking yet.

Mommy having a bit of fun with the chalkboard:

This is the room with the bed pulled down, to be used when my sister and brother-in-law visit or when Andy is in trouble. haha (Not made at the moment because it isn't going to be in use for a while and I didn't want to drag all the sheets, pillows, comforter out for one measly photo.)

I know it looks like the bed takes up the whole room, but there is plenty of walking room around the bed.. I just couldn't get a good angle for a photo. 

So there ya have it. The Murphy Bed and toy shelves her Daddy built (and Uncle Kevin helped!). 

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the Murphy bed - did y'all make it? I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH and my BIL built it using a kit that came with the hardware and instructions. We had to buy all the lumber though. The kit wasn't cheap but it was WELL WORTH IT to get easy to follow, step-by-step, illustrated plans and all the pieces we would need - the hydraulic lift thingies, the locking mechanism and handle parts, the elastic that holds the mattress in place, etc. I took them 2 days but it was the weekend in January that was frigidly cold so they took frequent breaks to come in and thaw their fingers. I think they could have easily done it in one day if the weather was a little nicer. I love that it gives us almost full use of that room when the bed is up, as opposed to taking up so much space with a futon or sleeper sofa. We needed to keep a guest room option but really wanted an extra area for Camy to play and for us to keep her toys from overtaking the living room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beck, it's brilliant! Love love love the room. Camy is such a lucky little girl to have such an awesome play room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! When can we come over and test it out???

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete